• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Application Form

Jan

Forum Cleaner
NLC
Is there such thing as a *simple* application form script that doesn't require a masters degree in programming to understand. I had a look at few already, but I'm not paying $40 for something that is as clear as mud.

Application form for what? Just a form that submits over email or something for this forum?
Unfortunately they have to be programmed usually ;)
If you are looking to spend $40 for one you can toss it my way and I'll come up with something.

Jan, are you looking for a simple application form to collect some data and email it to you or store it in a simple database? If so you can make your own with phpFormGenerator. You can find phpFormGenerator at http://phpformgen.sourceforge.net/ of in Fantasico on most cPanel servers. No programming degree required :p

if you tell me what fields you need to be filled out, i may be able to put something together for you.

You need qualifications to be a binman in my hometown, madness........

what sort of thing is the form doing ?? like every1 said if you say what you need someone will prolly write it for you, or if it's real complicated have a good idea of what might be useful to you ....

Jan, are you looking for a simple application form to collect some data and email it to you or store it in a simple database? If so you can make your own with phpFormGenerator. You can find phpFormGenerator at http://phpformgen.sourceforge.net/ of in Fantasico on most cPanel servers. No programming degree required :p
Thanks, I'll take a look at that. I needed about 6 fields and that offers 100 :D I'll give a try. I have fantastico as I just discovered :p

You need qualifications to be a binman in my hometown, madness........

what sort of thing is the form doing ?? like every1 said if you say what you need someone will prolly write it for you, or if it's real complicated have a good idea of what might be useful to you ....
It is a job application of sorts. The usual name, email etc and some required text fields to be submitted by email to me.

Thanks Colin, that one worked nicely, just gotta try it out on my site now :) The online test got to me just fine.

if that doesnt work, tell us exactly what you need as for as content, and it can easily be done. the thing i dont like about those things that people are refering you to, is they give you a mail form, and use a script on their server that sends the email, but, what if they decide to take that off the site or move the file, then you form wont work anymore, so, better to just get the whole script from someone like me, stuffradio, tree, colin, and the infamous krakjoe.

Jan, why not learn PHP/mySQL and make one yourself? ;)

Once you get the hang of it, it really is easy.

extremely easy even to program one, just a html page with a post query to a php page, and something like <? mail($address, $subject, $message); ?> in order to send it. etc. I can't remember the syntax of it exactly but php.net will :D

http://au.php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php

cheers

very true, but, you will need to set certain things to make it ba able to be sent to accounts like hotmail too. typically, a lot of php mail forms are blocked when the mail headers are not set up really well.

very true, but, you will need to set certain things to make it ba able to be sent to accounts like hotmail too. typically, a lot of php mail forms are blocked when the mail headers are not set up really well.
well it depends on the addy its being sent to of course, but im sure jan could set up an email addy to suit

Back