• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

App store and app for downloading files

GeorgeB

Chairman/CEO TMCG
NLC
I am currently looking for a decent app that I can use as a e-store to sell informational literature to people in my industry, etc.

I am also looking for a app that allows me to upload all types of files, that others can download simply by going to a web address.

Any ideas?

right ok, so.. What kind of platform is this for?

One will be used with my vbulletin forum, but does not need to be a vbulletin mod. Just any kind of estore will suffice.

The other will be just a program that I can use to upload files, that my friends can download.

Dropbox can allow friends to use it, you just enable them to be openly viewable.

But can they download your files, and can you upload any kind of file you like?

Plus, I don't want to be limited in the amount of resources I have. Which is why I am also looking for something I can install on my web server.

They can download, and they can upload - let them login to your account? You can upload any file I believe, I've not had a problem yet. You can upgrade for a few dollars a month for more space.

If you want something on your web server, simply use FTP and upload the files, create a FTP user with a password to give to your friends?

I just figured there would be some app or software to use, like how most websites have it set up.

Could always upload an upload script and use that for friends and simply link them to the file or uploads dir?

Could always upload an upload script and use that for friends and simply link them to the file or uploads dir?

I have no issues with uploading things via ftp. However, I was trying to set it up, to when they downloaded stuff, it looked more professional then just the ftp directory.

I have no issues with uploading things via ftp. However, I was trying to set it up, to when they downloaded stuff, it looked more professional then just the ftp directory.
You could design a page and when files are uploaded put them in a database and pull them into a design to organize them fancier as well.

Back