• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Anyone want to share VPS/Costs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know as well as I do that I am in this hosting thing for the long haul. I've been around for over a decade, so don't sit there and think that I'm some kind of "hit and run" deadbeat client. Just because I offer hosting doesn't mean I'm not occasionally looking to purchase either. As I said previously, I AM looking for something small OUTSIDE of the SoftLayer network to run some off-site stat scripts and possibly use as a location to backup some information.

It seems to me that what you're trying to do is discredit every single person who replies here with potential interest in your offer. I don't feel that it's unreasonable by any means that you answer a simple question about where the server is located. The physical location of the server plays a very big part in the decision process of purchasing a VPS or dedicated box... or any hosting really for that matter. At least educated buyers would agree with that.

Last edited:
Deep,

it is not the first time that other host has made such posts with no
intentions. I am sure you have had posts in your own threads similar, so
you know where I am coming from, right, and I did not imply that you
would be short term, but you know good and well how clients are, they
are around one month, and gone the next, and this is why i stated what
i did, and why i prefer long term, as it would be a hastle for me just to
fill a one person slot on the vps....

Server is located in PA. (already posted earlier)

You know as well as I do that I am in this hosting thing for the long haul. I've been around for over a decade, so don't sit there and think that I'm some kind of "hit and run" deadbeat client. Just because I offer hosting doesn't mean I'm not occasionally looking to purchase either. As I said previously, I AM looking for something small OUTSIDE of the SoftLayer network to run some off-site stat scripts and possibly use as a location to backup some information.

It seems to me that what you're trying to do is discredit every single person who replies here with potential interest in your offer. I don't feel that it's unreasonable by any means that you answer a simple question about where the server is located. The physical location of the server plays a very big part in the decision process of purchasing a VPS or dedicated box... or any hosting really for that matter. At least educated buyers would agree with that.

sain-

I do not have to prove anything to anyone. I am not a company, but there are a lot
of private compaines that will never disclose anything, no matter what you ask, no
matter what names you call them, do you say there is something wrong with them....?

I do not even consider myself a host or provider, but
how many hosts have opened their books to you? how many
hosting providers disclose their source provider to you? how
many people show their receipts to you?, etc...get real...

I assure you, the person that goes with me will end up laughing at your useless comments and opinions.

If you can find a vps with cPanel/Full Management for $10/mo then take offer.
In fact, I highly insist that you take their offer, that would make me happy for you....

You say it perfectly, you are NOT a provider. That makes it even more relevant that you can prove you paid for the VPS so a person doesn't find out they wasted 11 months because someone ran. Will that happen? Who knows, I would like to think not but instead of stating "Yes I can provide you with that information as well as where the VPS is purchased" You state things like "You are not interested" or "You are asking useless questions". In fact, a potential partner has the RIGHT to know such information as it's their money being spent.

Honestly I fail to see why you acted the way you are instead of answering the simple questions. People do not question hosts, since that is a business, you are not, just a simple person asking to share something. Again, I will question whether this offer is true or simply a scam.

Server is located in PA. (already posted earlier)

The state of Pennsylvania covers over 46,000 square miles, so that is about as vague as you could possibly be aside from saying, "It's located in the US." I am sure there's more than one datacenter in PA. Nevermind. If you don't get any bites here, you could also try posting at WHT, but I can guarantee you'll get asked the exact same questions and probably raked over the flames 10x worse. Good luck with this.

The state of Pennsylvania covers over 46,000 square miles, so that is about as vague as you could possibly be aside from saying, "It's located in the US." I am sure there's more than one datacenter in PA. Nevermind. If you don't get any bites here, you could also try posting at WHT, but I can guarantee you'll get asked the exact same questions and probably raked over the flames 10x worse. Good luck with this.

not a problem. Like a said, I will not die if the vps is all mine...

take the offer, leave the offer, its actually that simple....

Heh I seem to be making a specialty out of working laterally to the crowd. I'm game for the trial if your "Full Management" can install a parallel copy of Wikipedia, because I need the other half for the pair that HostMyThing is doing. (I am evolving an idea of a SoftwareDev inspired "Unstable/Stable" Copy.) So can your contact do that, and how soon can he have it uploaded? File seems to be about 32 Gigs.

Heh I seem to be making a specialty out of working laterally to the crowd. I'm game for the trial if your "Full Management" can install a parallel copy of Wikipedia, because I need the other half for the pair that HostMyThing is doing. (I am evolving an idea of a SoftwareDev inspired "Unstable/Stable" Copy.) So can your contact do that, and how soon can he have it uploaded? File seems to be about 32 Gigs.

Its unlikely as it is only a 50g drive, and that would certainly be
more then your fair share of just hd space. to be honest, I would have
better chance of getting more bw then hd space for what I am paying,
and if I have to increase the HD space, then it would be more then $10/mo

and I already know this will not include 3rd party script/support, and
that goes for just about any type of hosting; for something simple, then
I would not see an issue, but what you are asking is clearly over-board.

Jan already warned you guys. I don't want to see name calling and trashing in an ad post. gotlinks, the person buying should have the right to know who the provider is through. (I would want to know also) That's all I'll say on that subject.

For everyone else, if there is any more childish behaviour, I will give you an infraction regardless of how many years you have been here, or how many posts you have. This is not a good way to attract people to the forum. If you are not able to co-operate with one another, I will close this thread and possibly offer infractions.

Jan already warned you guys. I don't want to see name calling and trashing in an ad post. gotlinks, the person buying should have the right to know who the provider is through. (I would want to know also) That's all I'll say on that subject.

For everyone else, if there is any more childish behaviour, I will give you an infraction regardless of how many years you have been here, or how many posts you have. This is not a good way to attract people to the forum. If you are not able to co-operate with one another, I will close this thread and possibly offer infractions.

why? people signup every single day without ever knowing
who the real provider is...few maybe the actual provider, but
for most, they are just on another server resold to the reseller.

Do you know how most of your processed food is made?
no?, but you surely pay much, much more then $10/mo to
eat something you know absolutely nothing about...

Private label is just that, it means private label.

I have had enough of this...

for $26/mo, Ill just keep it for me....

some just can not see a good deal due to pride...

so no need to worry about it anymore....

Its unlikely as it is only a 50g drive, and that would certainly be
more then your fair share of just hd space. to be honest, I would have
better chance of getting more bw then hd space for what I am paying,
and if I have to increase the HD space, then it would be more then $10/mo

and I already know this will not include 3rd party script/support, and
that goes for just about any type of hosting; for something simple, then
I would not see an issue, but what you are asking is clearly over-board.

Sorry, now I am honestly confused.

Repeating your offer here for reference:
New VPS/Share offer:
Avalable specs:

50g hd
1000g bw

$10/mo

That $10 price would be mine, so that 50Gig HD would be mine too, right? How can using that be more than my fair share?

why? people signup every single day without ever knowing
who the real provider is...few maybe the actual provider, but
for most, they are just on another server resold to the reseller.

Do you know how most of your processed food is made?
no?, but you surely pay much, much more then $10/mo to
eat something you know absolutely nothing about...

Private label is just that, it means private label.

I have had enough of this...

for $26/mo, Ill just keep it for me....

some just can not see a good deal due to pride...

so no need to worry about it anymore....

I don't generally eat processed food. I'm trying to grow as much of my own as I can. I also check the server location for the host I pay $100/year for shared hosting. I have been with them since 2004 or 2005. I have been dealing with web hosting since 2001 when I started using free hosting services, and I bought a domain name in 2002.

Thread closed because you said we don't need to worry anymore, and you'll keep it for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back