• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Anyone want to share VPS/Costs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gotlinks

What you will get:
(choose from)

CPU: 1 ghz
hd 20 gig
bw 1000 gig
ram 512 mb
cPanel
100mps
USA

$15/mo

CPU: 1.5ghz
hd 50 gig
bw 1000 gig
ram 1 gig
cPanel
100mps
USA

$20/mo

CPU: 2.0ghz
hd 100 gig
bw 2000 gig
ram 1.5 gig
cPanel
100mps
USA

$25/mo

* unlimited resources, ie addon domains, mysql, etc...

Asking 6mo or 1yr in advance payment.

First come, first serve, send payment today...
we get rolling today. I accept paypal.

What you do not get:

VPS/admin access

You do get everything that you find on a shared server, but
you are on a true VPS. I am not over charging you for anything,
my share is actually $5/mo more then your share would be....

The playground is big enough for both of us to share....

You will only get a prorated refund if something happens beyond
the scope of my control. You are reponsible for your own backups.

by sending payment, you are also bound to the legal terms of
the hosting service. If you are terminated for hosting violations,
then this could affect me also, you will not get a refund....

Thanks for looking....

PS. If you are looking for cheap blow-off hosting, then this is
not for you; If you are willing to share a high quality VPS, then
this is a deal that you truely should not pass up....

Last edited:
by sending payment, you are also bound to the legal terms of
the hosting carrier. If you are terminated for hosting violations,
then this could affect me also, you will not get a refund....

Who is the provider of the dedicated server you're hosting the VPS on?

Who is the provider of the dedicated server you're hosting the VPS on?

Here is the payment chart, and plans.
http://www.ajkservers.co.uk/linux-standard-vps-servers.php

If you or anyone is interested, I can get this going right now.
all I need is upfront payment for 6mo or 1yr. I do prefer 1 year payment
as this keeps everyone stable, as I do not want to go out and
keep looking for someone to share a VPS with, but will accept 6mo also.

and to assure you, this is not some hosting scam; I have been a member
since 2006, and never played any scams on FWS members, or anyone...

This is a legit offer.

Last edited:
It seems some of you need to read the rules again. Specifically the ad trashing rule. If you are not interested, move on.

New VPS/Share offer:

Avalable specs:

50g hd
1000g bw

$10/mo

price includes cPanel

This is not a shared server loaded down with 1000 other hosting clients.
There will only be two people on the VPS; Me and You.

VPS is online.

I can set you up today as soon as I receive 6mo or 12mo upfront payment.

What exactly does this "share" entail? You have already stated you do not know how to set one up, so are you looking for someone to basically do all the work for you while you do nothing?

What exactly does this "share" entail? You have already stated you do not know how to set one up, so are you looking for someone to basically do all the work for you while you do nothing?

You are sharing part of the price to be on the VPS.

The VPS is now fully managed.

maybe you did not see above when I said:

VPS is online.

Everything is setup, everything is ready to go...

I may not know anything about VPS, but I think
i can manage to setup your account in WHM, and
I will let the pros manage the vps how it should be....

Last edited:
Granted.

What is the name of the provider of this VPS (website/plan included) and can you send a receipt of the cost you paid for this VPS? I will assume you already paid $240 for the VPS for the yr, but want to make sure this wasn't a free VPS offer from someone or that you paid significantly less and will look for a profit.

Granted.

What is the name of the provider of this VPS (website/plan included) and can you send a receipt of the cost you paid for this VPS? I will assume you already paid $240 for the VPS for the yr, but want to make sure this wasn't a free VPS offer from someone or that you paid significantly less and will look for a profit.

no sir.

I am not in the hosting business.
This is not for profit, this is a share, and
as you see below, then I am paying more.
If you avg my cost per month, then it comes
down to aprox $26/mo - you figure out the rest.
(The vps has full management)

If you are after shared hosting, do you go to the trouble of
trying to track down everything? What did you pay, what
server are you on, are you making profit? send me all of
your receipts...are you serious? maybe you are just trying
to inflame the thread....

I have made a good offer for 1 person to host on a VPS w/me
at a good price, and thats it! Take it, or leave it.

If you do not like the vps after 6mo or 12mo, then you are free to leave, or
you can leave sooner, you just will not get a pro-rated refund for leaving...

If you are after shared hosting, do you go to the trouble of
trying to track down everything? What did you pay, what
server are you on, are you making profit? send me all of
your receipts...are you serious? maybe you are just trying
to inflame the thread....

First this is not the equivalent to shared hosting, you are offering to split costs with someone on a VPS. When splitting costs, I would expect to pay half, not $200 if you paid only $40. That would be the reason I would want to see a receipt for said service. You are also not the provider of said VPS, as you stated that it was fully managed, so you had to buy from someone and let them deal with the support and whatnot.

Another reason for the receipt is to see how far you paid in advance. I know I am not about to send you $120 for the year and then find out the VPS was paid for only 1 month, thus screwing me out of not only 11 months of service, but the $110 I sent you.

I was interested until you because an --- about the inquiry. There seems to be a lot more afoot then a simple share with me and I am sure people will now see that.

First you accuse me of someone else having to do the work on the VPS, or setup.
then you accuse me of being a profit monger, bla, bla...
Now you are accusing me of being shady...

You are acutally not paying half, you are paying a bit less then half, as I am picking
up the rest of the cost, now if you want to spilt $26/mo then fine, or do you think $10/mo is better?

no one is forcing you to take 12mo, you can do 6mo if you wish, and no one is screwing you out
of anything; you would only be qualified for a refund if something happens to the VPS that can not
be recovered in a short time frame, as I thought that would be fair, but I will not provide a refund
if I feel that you are getting good hosting; I will not provide a refund just so you can troll around
to another host then leave me hanging, thus the requirement for advanced payment.

You are not interested in anything other then playing games, or trolling the thread.

PS. I am not going to lower my rate. if I did, then I would be offer shared hosting
on a vps at shared hosting prices. I am offering someone to have their domain/addon's on
a vps without the full cost of vps pricing.

Can you really find a VPS w/cPanel, and VPS management for $10/mo?
If so, then feel free to take their offer, if you want to share my vps, then take mine.

I have 358 posts on FWS, and never been accused of ripping anyone off til today....

Last edited:
I will offer anyone a 3 month trial offer: (this is not a free trial offer)

1: Pay 3 months in advance ($10x3=$30)
So your only cost/risk today would be $30

After your 3 month trial, I expect you too:

Option1: Renew for 6mo
Option2: Renew for 12mo
Option3: Feel free to leave

I will offer anyone a 3 month trial offer: (this is not a free trial offer)

1: Pay 3 months in advance ($10x3=$30)
So your only cost/risk today would be $30

After your 3 month trial, I expect you too:

Option1: Renew for 6mo
Option2: Renew for 12mo
Option3: Feel free to leave

This is interesting. Where are you based out of? I am not fond of Paypal.

What datacenter is the VPS in? Generally, if money is being spent on something like this, it should be known where the VPS is. In most cases, distance from the target audience comes into play, as well as datacenter quality, overall support, connectivity, hardware quality, etc, etc.

What datacenter is the VPS in? Generally, if money is being spent on something like this, it should be known where the VPS is. In most cases, distance from the target audience comes into play, as well as datacenter quality, overall support, connectivity, hardware quality, etc, etc.

Decker,

You are not interested in this offer, so you are just trolling the thread....

This is a private offer to host on my VPS compared to be hosted on a shared
host among 500-1000 other clients.

If I was a complete host, I guess I would go into all that, but I am not:

If the datacenter turns out to be crap, no support, no connection, hardware killsover, etc..etc...
then I would expect to provide a pro-rated refund to the renter....

If you have no interest in this offer, simply do not post or troll.

If i can not find someone to share with, then I share with myself...
Because at this time, I have no complaints with the vps/support, etc....

Some of you are acting so foolish that is not even funny, you are acting
like you are dumping a million dollars into hosting or something.

If you do not want to try it for 3 months, then just move on....

and some just need to move on period as they have no business posting in this thread.

I suspect this is exactly why FWS has declined over the years. Someone makes a offer (whatever it is)
then everyone else (having no interest, period) just jump right in giving their two cents, and
their worthless opinions so to discourge other people from buying...how would you feel if
i jumped into all of your threads saying "you offer is too high" "Your offer is crap" bla, bla...
maybe your jelous, maybe you feel threatend, or maybe just even insecure...

I completely understand now why I do not come to this site but maybe once per year....

If you do not like the offer, do not take it.

Last edited:
Decker,

You are not interested in this offer, so you are just trolling the thread....

Actually yes, I am interested. I am discontinuing my VPS node at the end of this month and I am looking for something small like this, out of the softlayer network, to run some offsite stat scripts and such.

First, you never proved you paid 26$ a month. You never disclosed the VPS provider. You seem to be avoiding questions which makes this whole deal sketchy.
Second, asking to see a receipt is not accusing anyone of anything. It is to ensure the VPS is fully paid for, thus making a split of costs justifiable. Again, you seem to deflect the question/request.
Third, You already stated you didn't know how to set up a VPS, so an accusation there isn't even needed, it would be the truth based on your own statement.

Basically what you are doing is -----ing about any question someone lays before you. You refuse to name the VPS provider. You refuse to acknowledge how long the VPS is paid for via receipt. For someone to send money to someone they know nothing about, those questions are perfectly feasible and should be answered without the whining you have brought. Instead you reply with an attitude of simple questions.

You claim this is the reason FWS has declined? I suggest you are right. People like yourself offer something, then refuse to disclose simple information and thus judge people on whether or not they are interested based on the prospective partner asking for information you refuse to hand out and thus replying as such.

Good luck on your "sharing". As I stated before, due to the refusal to disclose the simple request of a receipt and VPS provider there is something going on that is not being told. Do not expect anyone to simply believe you because you said something now. Avoiding issues is a sure way to gain a rep of being shady. That isn't an accusation, that is the truth.

Actually yes, I am interested. I am discontinuing my V8PS node at the end of this month and I am looking for something small like this, out of the softlayer network, to run some offsite stat scripts and such.

The sum of this is: I have a VPS, and it is my reponsibility to make sure the VPS stays online, and I am
also responsible for taking care of my future 1 client so he remains long term, if not, then he will
be short term (for whatever reason) I prefer to not have to come back here and have to go
through this whole process just to get 1 person on board, and it is my best interest to make sure
the vps stays online because I have websites also....I am spending to much time here, today, rather
then working on what is important for me (my websites) If i thought this vps was crap, then I would
not even be on it, much less trying to share out a part of the vps to someone else. I would much
rather have you on board, then some geek that is just trolling from host to host. I am looking for
someone to say for the long term, and it is my job to stay on support and make sure everything runs
as smooth as possible (for both of us)

sain-

I do not have to prove anything to anyone. I am not a company, but there are a lot
of private compaines that will never disclose anything, no matter what you ask, no
matter what names you call them, do you say there is something wrong with them....?

I do not even consider myself a host or provider, but
how many hosts have opened their books to you? how many
hosting providers disclose their source provider to you? how
many people show their receipts to you?, etc...get real...

I assure you, the person that goes with me will end up laughing at your useless comments and opinions.

If you can find a vps with cPanel/Full Management for $10/mo then take offer.
In fact, I highly insist that you take their offer, that would make me happy for you....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back