• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Anyone try Wtv-zone?

That doesn't make much sense because WebTV can't support perl and php, or much of anything, for that matter

Right...

Originally posted by Christy
That doesn't make much sense because WebTV can't support perl and php, or much of anything, for that matter

WebTV most certainly does support perl and php. Perhaps you should actually use one before insulting it. It's a very capable browser.

You'd hope it would support something that is server side heh. It was java and js that it didn't handle, but I thought they were working on that. It has been about a year or more since I looked into anything relating to webTV.

Originally posted by Chicken
You'd hope it would support something that is server side heh. It was java and js that it didn't handle, but I thought they were working on that. It has been about a year or more since I looked into anything relating to webTV.

Js is working fine on WebTV. If you want JAVA, buy a computer. WebTV, depending on the model, costs between 80-200 bucks. Not bad for the price.

Re: Right...

Originally posted by Hellbound
Originally posted by Christy

WebTV most certainly does support perl and php. Perhaps you should actually use one before insulting it. It's a very capable browser.

For your info, I have used WebTV for two years, and mine didn't support ANYTHING and neither did my boyfriends. I don't know, maybe they actually improved it since I used it last

[Edited by Christy on 02-22-2001 at 03:33 PM]

This thread has gone off topic big time. Has anyone tried Wtv-zone? 5 bucks a month for 15mb and all of the features I stated before.

Back