• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Anyone speak chinese?

BlackStorm

Hey,
Does anyone here speak chinese?
Anyone able to tell me what the members on this forum are doing with the "demonstration" accounts?

http://210.51.25.182/myandbbs/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=29173

I have seen a lot of people doing this and I want to know why but my page translator doesn't make sense :rolleyes2

Anyone know what these chinese sites are doing by signing up for accounts then posting the addresses on forums, when they aren't even using them?

I have seen it before but don't know what it is.

Thanks
John

They're just telling the community about hosts that accept chinese websites and their hosting specs. Once my site got added to a website, i had a flood of Chinese signups and abuse so i had to kill all free hosting :(

Yeah the abuse from these sites are really getting to me...
I don't even accept chinese sites and its obvious on the signup page...I was emailing everyone that wanted a chinese site, but I am fed up with sending over 75 emails everyday to people that don't take the time to read the terms that are on the signup page (Or that can't rea them..)

Why do they signup for the accounts, post a link, and just leave them blank though?

I have been tracking referrals in the last few days and I can't even count the number from chinese forums like this.
The owner or a member posts about the offer, signs up and posts their URL, then some other members signup and say they also got an account and post the link...

Just seems very stupid to me.

John

Don't worry, you're not alone. A few people have complained about the same problem and have been left with two solutions - stop free hosting or ban IP ranges.

I guess they just leave their accounts blank because they're just checking how to sign up and seeing what features are available to post on thoes websites.

trenzterra said:
Or write a message in Chinese prohibiting Chinese sites.
Yes, and make sure that it's in big, bold letters as well. Banning IP ranges only excludes legitimate English-speaking webmasters who have the misfortune of living in the wrong place for free hosting.

Or write a message in Chinese prohibiting Chinese sites.

Anyone able to translate this for me ;)

I don't want to ban IP ranges, I know there are people from China/Asia looking for an account that do need them, and I don't mind that.
I have honestly had over 100 requests today already for free hosting for sites that are in chinese.

I can't understand how they can't read the terms..If they can fill out the order form in english they must be able to read the terms also?

BlackStorm said:
Anyone able to translate this for me ;)

I don't want to ban IP ranges, I know there are people from China/Asia looking for an account that do need them, and I don't mind that.
I have honestly had over 100 requests today already for free hosting for sites that are in chinese.

I can't understand how they can't read the terms..If they can fill out the order form in english they must be able to read the terms also?

ur too honestly :tongue2:
They are too lazy to do it! :eek: For some Chinese,after most people get the
hosting, just waste!(Except me :tongue2: )
In fact our psychology is very contradictory, you think about it,for example:
If we get a free hosting, but while we are using it, maybe you will say that
u dont allow not English websites.But not all chinese can speak english well!(including me :biggrin2: )
If after we get the free hosting, we dont use it, maybe you will think that waste resources.
If we signed up, someone will think it's flood. But if we do not sign up, we will lose the chance.
So for we Chinese, it is not a simple thing definitely to get a steady free
hosting. Few people can offer free hosting like you in China.

A lot of Chinese netizens think the foreign free hosting is definitely better than the domestic one. But not all somebody who can offer free hosting accept us,even despise! (Whom I referred to is not you)I can only express the regret to this ! :shocked2:

Express gratitude to God, I am a Chinese! So I can tell you these !
Thanks!

Last edited:
many thanx 2 blackstorm,i appreciate so much.

4 some reasons,many chinese people have no fast server and free hosting service.so we have 2 register accounts of foreign sites.i used many free website hosting services before,but few of them have high performance and stability.so i have 2 register more and take a better one,in order to save my data and continue my webmastering.i really really know that its a bad habit,but iv no choice.i used yahost.org a few months ago,but now it will never work,and im so sorry 4 my data there......im sure if iv a fast hosting space,iv never register more accounts ,never waste even a byte of free hosting space.i feel so sorry,and apologize for this,as we chinese net.great thanx 2 blackstorm,best regards,

yoninh

Last edited:
Could be one of jgwy's many sites that seem to do the same over and over again :S

I forget offhand what the lastest URL was that he used, but the IP address is close to this one.

Pinging jgwy.net [210.51.25.170] with 32 bytes of data:

Edit: Hmm maybe not the same dude, here is the one I forgot.

Pinging jgfree.net [210.51.25.170] with 32 bytes of data:

Back