• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Anyone know of these type?

Hypernic

I remember seeing this somewhere but I can't figure out where.

Anyone heard of Dedicated Servers running at 1000 MBPs? If so where?

Oh - They dont have shared 1Gbps servers anymore
:S they used too for 699$ P/m

Yeah Im guessing that 7999 will be for good bandwidth used for gameservers and other stuff like that lol...

You checked ThePlanet out yet. i know they just released a load of Game Server deals etc.... Might be worth a wonder over

If you are really interested I can get you a server with an unmetered 1000 mbps line for $2200 per month. It would be a dual Xeon 5130 with 1 GB Ram Hosted in the Atlanta NAP. Please not that the setup time on this would be 7 - 10 days

ThePlanet goes up to 100 MBPs unfortunatly. Plus I am not a big fan of Texas servers.

I am just considering some options. I don't have 2K to spend yet.

Well when you are, let me know I can have you set up in our rack there for that price. If you do not need a dual Xeon server I can come down a bit. We can also start you out with a smaller connection and upgrade it as needed.

Guys...

100 MBps is different from 100 Mbps.

Usually webhosts offer 100 Mbps, so dont think you can download a 100 MB file in just a sec.

Its Bytes not Bits!

I think ServerXeon was referring to 100 MBps while others are in 100 Mbps. Galaxy's 1000 Mbps should do the 100 MBps trick.

People really need to download 1000MB/s per second? I guess with game servers you have so many simultranious connections, but still. There is virtually no other purpose, because unless you have a fibre line direct from the DC, you won't even get a 40th of the connection to your line.

1000Mbps = 125MB/s (MBps)

Most people measure in Mbps, it might be just a typo on ServerXeon's part

ServerXeon said:
I remember seeing this somewhere but I can't figure out where.

Anyone heard of Dedicated Servers running at 1000 MBPs? If so where?

So.. 1000 MBps = 1 GBps ???

but 1000 Mbps is not 1 GBps??

That's mean I can't download full 1 gb file with 1 second with 1000 Mbps speed??

huh :S this is really just getting confusing
Since no one uses this usaly........ Might be a good idea for the OP to straighten it out abit for us all on what they really ment! :)

if you plan to use the server for game server hosting there is no need for gigabit connectivity and to be perfectly honest there is really no need for even 100mbit connectivity. focus more on the quality of the machine and bandwidth rather than port speed for an optimum environment.

T|S,

It is usually measured it bits.

1000 Mbps = 1 Gbps
1000 MBps = 8000 Mbps = 8 Gbps != 1 Gbps
1000 MBps = 1 GBps
1000 Mbps = 0.125 GBps

if you plan to use the server for game server hosting there is no need for gigabit connectivity and to be perfectly honest there is really no need for even 100mbit connectivity. focus more on the quality of the machine and bandwidth rather than port speed for an optimum environment.
The quality of the bandwidth is also important. The latency will be better on a 100 mbps port with premium bandwidth than on a 1000 mbps port utilizing cheap bandwidth.

Back