• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Anyone here understand Romanian?

That would help if I knew how to transcribe Romanian. I probably should had mentioned that, this is spoken (well, chanted), not written.

What do you need translating? My mom knows Romanian and I might get her to translate it for you.

Its from the first half of the ritual orgy segment in Eyes Wide Shut. I knew it was something sung backward (you can tell by the way the sound sort of fades in and is stressed at the end, opposite of normal), so I recorded and reversed it. There are two vocals, the lower-toned one is chanting in a language I'm not certain what is, but he ends with "Allah, Allah, Allah". The higher-toned voice is chanting in Romanian. It's difficult to make out, but it ends with "si binefacator"-something-something-"acestui om". I'm pretty sure it's a quote from a religious text but I'd like to know exactly what.

It's repeated a few times, I'll upload the clearest one in the morning (it's late now).

Here's a snippet I took from the scene, its from an area with little other noise or music and where the two chants don't overlap much. It starts with the low-toned voice, I don't know what that is (but if anyone else does, do tell). The second voice, the higher-toned one, is what I'm after. So far I've got "...binestarea si iertarea pacatelor robilor lui Dumnezeu...si binefacator...acestui om".

http://209.51.154.209/ews/

(Sorry for the compression, the sound lost much of its quality, but I'm worried about the text, not the music)

Back