• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Anyone Can Beat This Offer? Serious Offers Please!

NetCafe

b&
b&
Sharing A Managed Dedicated, Anyone Interested?

We are looking at the possibility of sharing a US$250 dedicated server with the following specs:

Server Information
Intel Pentium 4 3.06 GHz
1 GB RAM - (2) 120GB Hard Drives
1500 GB Monthly Transfer
RedHat Enterprise c/w cPanel

Data Cantre as follows:
Multiple backup generators and facility wide battery backup
Fiber entry on two sides of the facilities
Redundant path fiber to our upstream providers via multiple transport providers
Total of 15 gigabit Internet connections
Total of 18 redundant backbone routers
Network operations centers staffed 24x7x365
Dual redundant network cores
Fully meshed BGP4

Based on the specs, we are looking at sharing between maybe 5 person with each having a reseller account with the following:

Storage Space: 24 Gig
Bandwidth: 300 Gig
Cost: US$50.00 monthly

The server will be fully managed by our staff.

Would anyone be interested in such an arrangement?

email bizness@rtgasia.com, please.

Last edited:
Hello NetCafe,

How will the root access,etc work. What DC is it in. Could you please explain more about how this is gonna work and about the server..

I am intrested

Thanks,
eRudNet

Hi, thank you for your interest. For security reasons, root is limited to our staff and whoever we can trust to manage (experienced techs with long portfolio). It'll basically "belong" to all of the 5 with equal rights and everything concerning it will be decided by the 5. Resources for the server will be shared equally, give and take of course.

Basically, if there are 5 of us, we pay for the server monthly and those sharing pay us, we take no profit of any sort.

Its hosted with everyone's internet DC, www.ev1.net.

For the record, we have one CONFIRMED fellow webmaster besides us.

Last edited:
NetCafe said:
Hi, thank you for your interest. For security reasons, root is limited to our staff and whoever we can trust to manage (experienced techs with long portfolio). It'll basically "belong" to all of the 5 with equal rights and everything concerning it will be decided by the 5. Resources for the server will be shared equally, give and take of course.

Basically, if there are 5 of us, we pay for the server monthly and those sharing pay us, we take no profit of any sort.

Its hosted with everyone's internet DC, www.ev1.net.

For the record, we have one CONFIRMED fellow webmaster besides us.

Everything sounded good until you mentioned EV1Servers..

EV1Servers has been know to be a very poor support/fixing DC. If something is wrong they format your HD and give you a new server insted of tring to fix it. When you ask them to backup there has been several cases of them NOT backing it up. My friend lost about $1000+ in problems due to EV1Servers from now on I will never use EV1Servers.

Sorry..

We have been with ev1 since 3 years ago and although the support then is slow, they have improved.

Besides, we have our own tech, so maintenance is not a problem for us. All they need to do is to provide us with a working server, a good bargain considering the price.

We did receive similar offer from Australia, so we are still weighing our options.

I agree. Its not likely that you would need to format the hdd, ya? Besides, their upgrading and installation of OS is now fully automatic, so no need for man there.

Like I said, we are still weighing our options, which are still open.

Can u show the portfolios of ur stated Techs cause u refuse to provide those who put in their money Shell access . So portfolio of your techs will be needed as stated the DC doesnt have good reviews.

I did not refuse to provide root to those who put in money. I merely mentioned that we will provide root access to those whom we collectively agree and can trust to do a good job. Everything have to be decided by all the 5, even if we decide to install a new OS or something.

Since we are weighing our options and its still open, portfolio is a tad too early. If we get other better offers, ev1 is most probably out but we like their infrastructure and network, to be honest.

NetCafe said:
Since we are weighing our options and its still open, portfolio is a tad too early. If we get other better offers, ev1 is most probably out but we like their infrastructure and network, to be honest.

Just a note dude :

If someone actually have techs and have portfolios for the same, than no time is early or soon for them to post the same.. And the word honest means nothing when u state we have techs working for us and than say its too early to provide portfolios.

Good luck.

For a high-end dedicated system, Ev1 is well known to be pretty reliable: huge bandwidth and stable networks. They may not provide much support, but frankly that's why a dedicated server is much cheaper--you're the expert and you should be maintaining the baclups. You're getting huge resources by taking on the labor.

a1whs.com, its too early to even be talking about honesty when the person paying for it is us. We should be the pnes worried about getting paid since we are forking out the cash upfront.

Also, since this is an old post, ev1 is out of the plan and we are going with someone else.

Back