• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Anybody with vbportals knowledge?

Tazzman

I'm getting these errors after having installed vbportal:

Warning: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 514 is not allowed to access /home/virtual/site13/fst/var/www/html owned by uid 0 in /home/virtual/site13/fst/var/www/html/mainfile.php on line 32

Warning: Failed opening 'header.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in /home/virtual/site13/fst/var/www/html/index.php on line 6

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: centerblocks() in /home/virtual/site13/fst/var/www/html/index.php on line 7

Anybody have any idea how to fix these? Thanks for your help.

Originally posted by Tazzman
I'm getting these errors after having installed vbportal:

Warning: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 514 is not allowed to access /home/virtual/site13/fst/var/www/html owned by uid 0 in /home/virtual/site13/fst/var/www/html/mainfile.php on line 32
Sounds like safe mode is switched on.
Warning: Failed opening 'header.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in /home/virtual/site13/fst/var/www/html/index.php on line 6
header.php doesn't exist. Check to see if you've uploaded it.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: centerblocks() in /home/virtual/site13/fst/var/www/html/index.php on line 7
You should try inserting the following php code into the file.
PHP:
error_reporting(0);
Sounds like your host has set error reporting to a high number. If that doesn't work then its a problem in the coding. You'll have to go to the vbportal forums to find out whats wrong.
Anybody have any idea how to fix these? Thanks for your help.
Yes see above. ;)

I allready posted on vbportals, but there don't seem to be so many people hanging around there and all they mostly do is refer to the installation instructions.

I am the host, so I could change the error reporting settings, if I knew how :eek:

Anyway, thanks for your help. I'll keep on tinkering till I get it working.

Try editting the php.ini file on the server. There should be something about error reporting. If there is then set it to 0. Also if php is in safe mode then turn safe mode off.

I know this is gonna sound very n00b, but where the php.ini file located on a redhat 7.1 server :D

Nevermind, found it. Gonna take about 2 weeks to figure out where the bits are I need to edit, but I found it :)

hmmm. We'll I don't know either because I've never used a redhat server but I'm guessing you could try the following. Make a php file with the following code:
PHP:
<?
phpinfo();
?>
Then see if there is anything in there telling you its location. It might be that the configuration file is not called php.ini . Usually somewhere near the top of phpinfo there is something telling you the file name.

Also have you tried searching through the folder with all the files required to run php?

If redhat has a search function like windows then you could search for php.ini. I hope that helps.

This look anything like what I'm looking for? :D

Like I said, I just need to find the bits to edit to get it out of safe mode. Could take quite a while, unless you happen to know whereabouts they are in the file.

;
; Safe Mode
;
safe_mode = Off

safe_mode_exec_dir =
Seems like safe mode is off. I've never tried editting this file but I'm sure its the file that controls it. I'm sorry. I can't help beyond this point.

Thanks anyway. I've been looking through the ini file and can's see any reason why the portal shouldn't work. Maybe there's a bug in the coding, seeing many people have been complaining about errors like these.

Got it down to one error now. The problems were in the global.php file. Just working on this last error now with the kind folks over at phpportals.com :)

Back