• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

== any reliable economy hosts ???

zz4

It seems every time I look at hosting the prices go up. There used to be the 'free internet'. The non-profit phase never happened. Now seems theres billions selling hosting all trying to get rich.

I bought the space I needed for personal hosting. ya know...just hobbby websites...

I went after places that had economy prices and promised grandfathering of prices. Whats the sense of no guarantees when economy next year equals ?

I have 2 sites at one host now where things are getting a little ridiculous. 2 200mb sites..pay yearly..grandfathered...

The place is UP and reliable but the nonsense to stay there? It must take 10 million hours every year to prove what plan your on and prices. It must take a month plus to just renew for the next year.

This year I started 2 months early. So far my checks have not been received. I sent a paypal payment July 1 and its still not acknowledged by host.

Reliable? Yes.the place is UP but some features?

Every address listed as to where business is is fiction. About every statement is fiction. --sort of where lies are normal.....

The billing software they use has been changed about 5 million times.

The support messageboard has no posters. Moderators although appearing as different people on the staff are the same person in disguise.--- of coarse a few funny people are created off and on to praise the place...

Age of senior staff? teenagers?

(owner is in 30's)

Then you have a real problem the support gets mad at you.

Any economy hosts out there that promise grandfathering and somebody has been with a year plus?

I have 2 accounts at http://www.worldzonepro.com/ grandfathered. Nice...they honor it and their prices have gone WAY up.

I have 2 accounts at http://www.hostpc.com/ Its wonderful but get suspicious of the endless 'sales'. The place has nothing negative to say about it. I just worry about the future.(i.e.too good to be true?) I've been there a year plus..good so far....

=== but my 2 last accounts at this place I'm mumbling about. I have as renewal in August and end of August for 2nd account.

If I can't send money and they happily process it and keep their promises? (sure..they want you to move on?)

Reliable hosts please? Any economy ones who promise grandfathered prices? I prefer yearly plans.

Get what you pay for? Who wants to spend a fortune for hobby websites?

geeeeezzz..most the time I don't even use half my bandwidth... I like to play with a few perl scripts but don't care about cpu intensive? messageboard stuff,etc.

:confused:

ps....

My ip#'s are banned from http://www.webhostingtalk.com/ Its not me..just like here did I name the place I getting frustrated with?

I heard from others..seems like a big chunk of those that use MSN as isp are banned. They have a total ban on all ip #'s used by msntv users.

As you mention it... a lot of what you said was mumbling. What I managed to catch from what you said is this...

You want grandfathering (Fixed rate?)
And reliable service.

As months go buy... hardware becomes less expensive. Bandwidth becomes less expensive. Therefore I see no reason to put up my prices. And if I do, I have a record of all sales and the amount of bandwidth or space so I can honor them. I find it pretty odd that they are RAISING prices when they should be lowering them. In any case, if you want what you mentioned I can offer it. Since you didn't ask for a specific plan... I just leave you with my address... www.arvixe.com.

Thank you,

Arvand Sabetian

== sorry....

I guess I did too much mumbling.

I was just expressing my frustrations with hosting.

I'm tired of teenager hosts.I mean no offense but business education and practices often leave allot to be desired.

I ask about 'grandfathering'. Why? I'm tired of settling into a host only to get never-ending stories and grumbling about why costs have to go up. The name is maximum profit and the customer is there to get squeezed squeezed squeezed.

It has been my guess that 'grandfathering' of prices might have a benefit over a year or 2 but as everything gets bigger/badder the grandfathered plan REALLY a good plan anymore?

-- but my experience is promises of such and at renewal time every game to not honor it.

I saw a couple links to webhosting above with 'reasonable' plans. THANK YOU. As of now I'm still thinking and debating.

I finally got one account at my present host renewed for a year with difficulty. I have a second account there that expires Sept.1,2003 and I have started renewal attempts now.

Sound crazy? Wonder why its so hard to renew?

I will not submit a credit card because they have been through endless billing systems and I don't trust them. Even info in 'control panel' is never correct. I get supposedly mistake billing all the time but I don't get zapped because it does not have my credit card number. They say you can pay by check/money order (usa to usa) but nothing ever reaches them because all the addresses are fictious.

So I did a direct Paypal payment from my bank account on account #1. After hearing nothing for 2 weeks I made out a support ticket. I was promised the paypal will be credited to my 'grandfathered' account.

If that works I start in with trying to renew account #2.

Wonder why I want to get out? I'm not sure the place has anybody left although they state 2000 on one server and 86 on another or something like that.---yet in support messageboards there has not been a post by anybody in months. Even the support staff has vanished.(well..actually support staff is one person who has aliases pretending others are on 'paid' staff)

--- but the place WORKS so? (the hosting is 'up')

I am not here to get you to join my services. I will even refer you to a good hosting service (Hostmatix.com - They are good) but what I dont understand is why you are still with these guys? You have a hard time paying them?!? Is it because they offered a good price on the package you are using? There are million other hosts who would beat that price in a heart beat. Paypal has a feature called subscriptions. Its what most hosts use to avoid problems like these... The amount of money is taken out of your account recurringly...

Good luck,

Arvand Sabetian

Back