• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Any interested in IPv6 VPS?

Tyler

NLC
I'm thinking about throwing up a colocated server for free IPv6 VPS but I'm not sure how many people would go for it. Is there any interest at all here for such a service?

I would also be interested in it, waiting to see when IPv6 really goes into major deployment with ISPs, kinda annoying having to use a tunnel on a dynamic IP.

Count me in as well. It seems a lot of providers are facing delays getting IPv6-capable connectivity at their locations, and with IPv6 being the way of the future I would definitely want to get a VPS that supports it. It would be good for proving new software configurations.

Who wouldn't like such a vps Tyler ?

But I agree with everyone else , it's taking way too long for ip v6 to get the spotlight that it now or later Will get .

With the number of ip v6 addresses we can possibly give every single(smart enough) device on earth it's own dedicated ip address .
So ISP's , imho , may be able to get it virtually free .

IPv6 only? Hmm, that would be interesting. I think you will get lots of interest if you decide to set this up.

I'd be interested if I could use it as a catching relay for users visiting my server in need of a faster access point.

Back