• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Any decent ad services for small sites?

Dexter

I run a small programming site with around 7500 to 10000 page hits(2500 uniquie visitors) a month and so most of the larger banner networks wouldn't take me becuase i'm too small. I'm with amazing media right now but as you all know their payout cut makes them about useless now! When paying 100 bucks a month in server costs, earning 5 bucks a month from banner ads is stupid.

Ok enough of my ramblings, so anyhow what would people suggest for me to make a little more cash than right now?

Gotta watch websitesponsors because if they are late and you ask about it chet will close your account and call you and act like a lawyer and threaten to sue you. I just wonder if iBoost knows what they bought when they bought into that company.

yeah chet can be a bit of an ******* but he can't sue you, infact ;egally you can sue him cause there is nothing about it in the terms of service. but i've always found them to be good.

Yeah when I was with him all was fine then I seen a guy complain that he asked Chet something and his account was closed because Chet didnt like the question. Then a few days later the web boards on his site disappeared then the stats page changed. I came here (I think it was here) and asked if anyone knew what was up and why payments were late. Well I got an email damning me to erase the post or I would be sued. The email also said that I was not to tell anyone about the email or else, so I posted it to the web boards. Well i got a phone call from a "lawyer" from iBoost telling me to remove all the posts or else. I told him after I got paid I would post that I had recieved payment. Well he called my a prick and I hung up on him. I tried to talk to Chet on ICQ and he sent me $200 via PayPal and I said I only wanted what was owed not all that. He then took all the money back and stopped talking to me. He also had closed my account so I dunno exactly how much he owed but I believe I was paid like 3 months after the check was originally due. I am still with Valurclick and just recently joined SI and all is going alot better.

hmm

Since you're a programming site, you might have a lot of more... 'direct' sponsors (programming sponsors), but what about...
shit, i forgot.

hmm
cj.com should do...

Yeah cj.com is a wonderful one. What I like is you can choose many different banners and sites.

I would suggest CJ.com and Linkshare.com, although i cant really seem to find any interesting advertisers myself with them both. And StandardInternet.com seems to be ok so far.. i have just started with them so i cant recomend them for sure.

uh

only one thing bad about linkshare:

say you select an advertiser. Say you earn 14 bucks with em. Say you really don't like them.
You decide to take em off. Bye bye 14 bucks.

here's how it goes with cj (or onresponse for that matter):

say you select an advertiser. Say you earn 14 bucks with em. Say you really don't like them. (same deal)
You decide to take em off. The 14 bucks remain in your CJ pool and you can use other advertisers to reach your minimum check (unlike with linkshare).

Also, if you can get in, i would highly suggest searchbucks.com. Excellent program!

Look for relevant pay-per-sale affiliate programs, and use text links to specific products like books and software, integrated into your content. (E.g. "For learning XYZ language, we recommend John Smith's 'Learn XYZ Language In 30 Days'.") Maybe rotate the text links in the same spots, and/or move them around periodically.

Originally posted by venomx
Yeah when I was with him all was fine then I seen a guy complain that he asked Chet something and his account was closed because Chet didnt like the question. Then a few days later the web boards on his site disappeared then the stats page changed. I came here (I think it was here) and asked if anyone knew what was up and why payments were late. Well I got an email damning me to erase the post or I would be sued. The email also said that I was not to tell anyone about the email or else, so I posted it to the web boards. Well i got a phone call from a "lawyer" from iBoost telling me to remove all the posts or else. I told him after I got paid I would post that I had recieved payment. Well he called my a prick and I hung up on him. I tried to talk to Chet on ICQ and he sent me $200 via PayPal and I said I only wanted what was owed not all that. He then took all the money back and stopped talking to me. He also had closed my account so I dunno exactly how much he owed but I believe I was paid like 3 months after the check was originally due. I am still with Valurclick and just recently joined SI and all is going alot better.

I remember all that... Hehe... didn't the 'lawyer' sound suprisingly like Chet? :)

Back