• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Any Australian Ad Comapnies?

ddmmh

Hey any australian ad companies? CPM, click thru, exit popup, pay to surf... whatever?? thanks!!

Sorry, there are no australian ad companies. :(

I'm an aussie aswell and it's really annoying although most companies will still send cheques out you'll have to pay around AUD$7 to cash them (Commonwealth Bank), along with waiting 21 days for it to appear in your account. *sigh*

So here's a guide for what I reccomend to aussies:

• DoubleClick (Biggest ad company, need lots of traffic)
  • cj.com (Will send a cheque in AUD if you reach US$70)

Also, the following are the best, remember AUD$7 isn't much off US$50...
  • SearchTraffic (Add a search to your site)
  • AllClicks (any clicks)
  • PopupTraffic (top & bottom pops)
  • ValueClick (owned by DoubleClick, almost)
  • PokerTraffic (3-7c per click for poker links)

(add a ".com" to the end, to get to their website)

Make Money from your homepage!

Hope that helps,

Originally posted by }:8) Supermoo
I'm an aussie aswell and it's really annoying although most companies will still send cheques out you'll have to pay around AUD$7 to cash them (Commonwealth Bank), along with waiting 21 days for it to appear in your account. *sigh*

If you are outside the US, can you get a bank account from a US domestic bank? Then you could just post your cheques off to them and have the money paid into the account.

Even if you then just agregated a lot of payments and transferred them to a local account, it would save money on a fee for every cheque but if you could get a visa or atm card, you would be able to get hold of your money (or buy stuff on the net) with even lower charges.

A US$ account with a local bank doesn't help much because they will not be in the US cheque clearing system so you will still lose out on the cheque fee.

jpoc (I'm in Europe so I expect that I'll face the same issue when some cheques arrive.)

Thats very interesting! Can you give me a little information of how I can do this because I have no idea.. Thanks!!

Two threads relating to this query were made to the Geek/Talk forums during the past week. The first, relating to opening a US bank account, can be found here:
http://geekvillage.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/004556.html

The second is related to the more suitable solution for international residents (minimizing bank fees and clearance times on foreign cheques):
http://geekvillage.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/004577.html

I personally use Suncorp-Metway, who charge only $5/cheque, and have negotiated a clearance agreement that allows my US currency cheques to be cleared on the spot.

A few ad networks also offer instant payment options that Australian residents are free to use (such as wire transfer or PayPal payments).

There are indeed a few Australian-based ad companies, though most of these are divisions of larger US companies, such as Engage Australia, DoubleClick Australia, etc. These do pay in local currency, and usually require you to be registered for the GST in order to accept payment of the full amount owed to you (+tax).

one more question guys
I have recieved a lot of help and I understand it all!
But I have no URL' s to go too hehe! So could someone please tell me the best one for me? I live in Australia. Thanks...

I am also looking at Suncorp-Metway site right now and its really damn confusing! so many accounts to sign up under! and arghh so confusing hehe

Back