• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Anti-spam-and-run

Do you support this motion

• Total voters

Dean

i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!
NLC
Hey Peo / Jan

Wouldnt it be better if you guys make it so you have to have 10 posts before posting in the Ads / Offers forums?

Cheeeeers

Phyxisus said:
Hey Peo / Jan

Wouldnt it be better if you guys make it so you have to have 10 posts before posting in the Ads / Offers forums?

Cheeeeers
That's a good idea, Phyxisus. :)
I second that one.

And then they would make 10 fast nonsense posts so they could spam and run :p

Or post their spam in other forums.

i cant see how this vote will fail, because the only people who would look in this forum are the locals, and basically all of us/them have 10+ posts so it wont be a problem if we want to
spam.gif

I second, third, fourth, whatever. If these people do post ridiculous shit or spam other forums in the quest to post in Ads and Offers, they get warned, banned, whatever. Make things right :p

Good idea to have 'some' interaction without just posting offers and running - too much like WHT that way :p

I disagree. People wont actually read the rules. They will post anyways. And if they do make 10 posts they will make BS posts.

In which case their posts get deleted. Repeat offenders get warned and then banned. When they ask why their post was deleted, they will be directed towards the rules that state they cannot do that. In the end, people figure it out.

Blank Verse said:
In which case their posts get deleted. Repeat offenders get warned and then banned. When they ask why their post was deleted, they will be directed towards the rules that state they cannot do that. In the end, people figure it out.
Whats your real name?

If you are required to have 10 posts to post in the ads forum, then they will post in the general forum. It will just add even more spam to other forums. I say keep it as it is. Just have to watch the ads/offers forum more closely.

All forums NEED an Ads and Offers section, because people will always pull the join>spam>run move. So, if it's all put in an area that can easily be ignored, it is best for everyone.

Canuckkev said:
All forums NEED an Ads and Offers section, because people will always pull the join>spam>run move. So, if it's all put in an area that can easily be ignored, it is best for everyone.
Yes, however even then that doesn't stop users from posting ads everywhere possible on the forum.

Back