• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Another question....

Weirds

Weird Member
NLC
Why do people get payed while many visitors don't want to click on the banners or ads?

Thats why we don't get paid much :)

The more targetted a banner is the more people will click and the higher your CPM (how money much you make per 1000 banner displays).

Well, FWS has so many active members. We can earn more money if all of us go to each other's site to click on the banners or look at the popups.

isn't it?

Yeah, some banner on fastclick make 20 cents per click for me, but people usually click on the CPM based ones.

Originally posted by Weirds
Well, FWS has so many active members. We can earn more money if all of us go to each other's site to click on the banners or look at the popups.

isn't it?

Yes we can, it even has a name: CHEATING :mad:

Originally posted by Archbob
Yeah, some banner on fastclick make 20 cents per click for me, but people usually click on the CPM based ones.

heh, i know of a few people who have noticed this.

Because fraud's illegal, weirds, and by hurting the advertisers who pay the bills by providing them with bogus traffic, independent publishers such as we will continue to suffer from bad press and misconceptions within the media buying community.

If you aren't serious about web publishing in an ethical factor, and willing to work hard to build a loyal and valuable audience, then you'd be better off getting a job as an information distribution intermediary (ie a paper boy) or burger flipper in order to earn a little spare pocket money.

If your traffic doesn't prove productive, there isn't an advertiser on the world stupid enough to continue lining your pockets.

I hope you take this in the tone that it is intended, which isn't as a personal attack, but a bit of reality.

No. There's really not. I've worked both of those jobs in the past (waaayy in the past ;)), and they're far more noble disciplines than committing fraud online.

I just tend to think at times that some people, in their youth and enthusiasm, look at this whole online advertising/web publishing scene and think, "Hey, I can make a web site. Why don't I do this for a job?" without giving the issue due consideration and/or without bothering to learn the business fundamentals necessary to garner a respect for the mutual exchange that is advertising.

Forming click clubs, employing click bots and all that other garbage may seem like harmless fun, but it really is hitting advertisers hard in the pocket, and turning many away from either media buys spanning independent websites or, worst of all, the medium at large. This is exactly why television and other traditional media command such a disproportionate share of the advertising pie despite people's increasing exposure to online media. Trust is crucial to the success of our corner of the web.

Anyway, this is obviously a bit of a beef of mine, but it has to be said every once in a while.

Last edited:
Back