• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

another codec bug

MaGiCSuN

Hi,

so i discovered the kazaa lite codec pack on the website, and thought about giving it a shot after 5 hours of searching on the web for some solutions for my .avi problem. (no screen but only sound)

I installed it, and guess what? everything works! i could view .avi files in kazaa lite itself in the theatre section, and with WMP it all worked fine

I left my computer on all night because i was downloading this movie, so the next day i just continued with the computer and everything was fine. Downloaded some small video's episode's etc, and watched them while i was still downloading the movie

At the end of the second day the movie was finished and i closed my computer. The next day i start it up again and wanted to view the movie, but guess what? it just goes on searching the codec again on the microsoft website and ends up not finding the right codec. When i view the properties there are only 2 filters, instead of 6 or something that i had after installing the kazaa lite codec pack.

I looked at start > programs > k-lite codec pack and it's all there. But nothing works! (i mean playing .avi files in kazaa and WMP)

So what's up with this? does anyone know how to fix this again? i was so happyw ith everything working. When i clicked "AVI PREVIEW" in the k-lie codec pack folder and start up the movie it said that i needed DIvX, but the codec pack has 3 different divx in it so im really out of ideas.

Thanks for reading and if you have posted a reply thanks for that too :)

Love,
Mirna

no offense, but that's just crap. I downloaded that before, and it still needs some codecs. With divx i could see screen but no sound, and with WMP i can hear sound but no screen.

I just want to know why the files don't work after starting up the computer again, because it's still all there. Again no offense

Love,
Mirna

nevermind, deleted kazaa lite and codec pack and installed them both again. Now a day later after rebooting it still works.

Love,
Mirna

The TMD movie player.:D

(just to inform moderators that TMD is illegal, but their software can be counted as a product on the Internet as they are distributed as freeware.)

Originally posted by n7of9
i am very happy you can now view your illegally downloaded copyright material :rolleyes:

aww come on it isn't THAT bad is it.. i refuse to believe u haven't bought or owned illegal software before. mp3's for eg :D

Back