• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

anime content

JustinNoel

hi, i have some questions about anime download sites.
are there any anime which are legal to share?
it's episode, series, music videos or files..
are movie clips legal? (short small sized low quality videos)

thank you.

If you're not sure about them, stay clear of download sites. It's very unlikely that anime episodes would be free for download.

BZZT

apart from GregT, you're both wrong..

if you're unsure, the best place to get legal.. at least to the best of their ability.. www.downloadanime.org

they use bittorrent, but they never post anything that's been licensed in north america.. and when it does get licensed... they prompty take it off... another good site for legal downloads would be animesuki.. they actively monitor the license status of anime series and are usually the first place to stop distributing a series..

also.. all release groups that use the http://a.scarywater.net (sp?) tracker will take down their torrents once the particular series has been licensed.

happy downloading :)

Unlicensed anime is not legal to download, it's just not a criminal offense. Unless the producer of it gives explicit permission to have it freely distributed they retain the right to sue and you are in breach of copyright laws.

Just because there's a near zero chance of getting held accountable, doesn't mean it's legal.

Last edited:
this means i can only have anime distribution if the anime is unlicensed.
can i just place in my site that please inform me asap if the anime is licensed (ofcourse with research)

delete the file within 24 hours
we are not responsible for your actions

before they can download the anime, they should agree first with the disclaimer.

thanks.

you yourself should be the one that manages which files are still being distributed from your own website, not doing so puts only yourself at risk

The simple fact is, if the owner has not given you/the site permission to make the anime available for download, IT IS ILLEGAL to do so!!

The owner & the licensed distributor of that title can & will sue for everything your worth!!

Electromage said:
The simple fact is, if the owner has not given you/the site permission to make the anime available for download, IT IS ILLEGAL to do so!!

The owner & the licensed distributor of that title can & will sue for everything your worth!!

or not..

some would believe that distribution of anime (unlicensed of course) is a good thing, increasing its popularity.. many will go on to buy it when its licensed... i know i have.. as far as manga goes at least...

/me stops talking before it turns into a flame war

tandoc said:
or not..

some would believe that distribution of anime (unlicensed of course) is a good thing, increasing its popularity.. many will go on to buy it when its licensed... i know i have.. as far as manga goes at least...

/me stops talking before it turns into a flame war

Hey I'm a believer in 'try before you buy' i use to do it with music (until ARIA started getting lawyers involved), but it's still not legal to download, whether it's music or movies/anime, if you want to get sued go ahead & do it!! Your call!! :rolleyes2

seeing as there is no 'AAA' [Anime Assoc. of Aus] or nething, and the production/distribution companies in Japan don't frown upon it or take legal action, i'll continue :p

it's only when its licensed in western countries will western distributors want to go after people.

so unlicensed anime can be distributed.
where can i find list of unlicensed and licensed anime?
i have here
ah! my goddess, chobits, boys be...
any of them licensed?
thanks.

all licensed me thinks..

google the specific title and check..

animenfo.com usually has updated info, and can usually tell u if it has a us distributor or not (if it does, it's licensed.. at least in america)

Last edited:
Like tandoc suggested, everything on AnimeSuki and a.scarywater.net is unlicensed.
As long as you download just the stuff from there, I highly doubt you will have any problems.

i have these original copies of anime. can i cut them individually (for example the opening theme of chobits, or boys be)..

is that ok? or make them as any music file? (mp3, wav)

distributing it if its been licensed in your region isn't legal.. i think pictures are fine.. not sure about sounds and clips...

if its already illegal if it hasn't be licensed.. then your at even more risk by doing it when it is licensed... do so at your own risk i guess..

Clarification

Of course not. It's still distributing the stuff; that's piracy. pirate3 Look, no matter what, distributing another's intellectual property without their permission is illegal. :shame: In fact, in reply to an earlier post, even posting pictures on a site from anime is illegal. The thing is, some companies like some postings of materials on people sites because it gives them free advertising-that is, it exposes others to the medium/to that particular anime. But even this doesn't mean your safe. For one thing, anyone who has bought licenses to the anime can sue you for using the material, even if they aren't the creators. There really isn't a way to get around this stuff. Usually people just aren't found out. I' actually doing the research on starting up servers to stream shows, anime, movies, etc. and because of the scale I'm looking at I'll have to generate revenues and will probably have to purchase liscenses to show the stuff; that sucks. :doh!: But that's just the way things work. When someone makes a product they tend to expect payment for it.

Back