• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

And this is why we manually review accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
so whats the deal, if customer is paying you and serious in biz it doesn't matter.
these days number of companies have small branches or man power dispersed in different regions , that is like account department is in US but technical team is in india.
technical person can give your order for server and payments will be done from US account. I thinks its not a big deal as long as there is no fraud

Even though it is a free account, the deal is that if it was a paying client, he is more than likely using a stolen credit card or hacked someones PayPal account. Within hours of the account being setup the user would send millions of spam emails, or worse, on your server. Then, not only do you get your IP(s) blacklisted as spam but, you also have the chargeback issue to deal with. So, this guy uses up a ton of resources (bandwidth & CPU), and then you're stuck having to give the money back to the rightful owner of the card!

It's always best to deny any application that your fraud gate picks up to be over a 5-6 (Maxmind is good for this), or just reject them manually and save yourself the headache. Is all that really worth a few bucks? I don't think so anyway.

Wouldn't this get off the lazy ones who do not wish to type in most of the details? ... or the careful ones who do not divulge information .... but these still wish to be a part of your clientle

You can just pass off the ones with legitimate phone numbers ... this can be verified by follow ups.

The question is why? Why do you want to know the home address of the person you are hosting? If they do something wrong, would you pay the plane fare to go over to his country and find his house?

I live in Banglaesh (as you on my location). I believe asking for home address is a personal space violation. Phone number? No way! I dont want you calling me in the middle of the night (timezones) to say how great your new promotional offer is!

Those who want to share, they do share, those who dont usually use a fake address (usually in the same country though...). Anyway, hope you understand :)

@Somik: yes, but the authenticity of a signup needs to be checked. One of the details should be correct, either the phone / address / email id.
Otherwise where would you contact this fellow to let him/her know that their account needs to be renewed. And you also need to make sure that you don't have account holders with malicious intentions.

Hello!
I agree with hostwitus, Even I ask for Customers Phone, Address and E-mail address during signup. Not to bump customer e-mail and on phone with promotional offers. It is just to know where he/she is from, and to contact them only if they have canceled auto-billing for due date reminder, or if they are breaking terms, Based on severity preferably on e-mail, if too severe than on phone.

I think this should be mandate and all hosting provider should ask these details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back