• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

AMOTS what do you think about it?

Hi there! I have devloped a new term for space AMOTS (as much as on the servers) Is it still overselling would you use it for your hosting company?

Here let me explain amots then! Amots means as as much as on the servers so it's like having a fridge full of food we will let your eat as much left. I made this term to replace "Unlimited" or "Unmerterd".

It still doesn't help the customer know how much space he/she will get. Specify a limit you as a host agree to provide. It's not that hard, it works in every other business.

It still doesn't help the customer know how much space he/she will get. Specify a limit you as a host agree to provide. It's not that hard, it works in every other business.
Hmm then how about amots TB+? (As much on the server however we only promise 1 TB of space and traffic?)

How much will this 1TB of disk space and transfer plan cost?

1TB of RAID10 disk space on any of my servers is about $100/mo. to make any sort of profit. I see on your website that I can get "unlimited" disk space for € 1 . 25. So for that price, you're going to let me use 1TB of disk space or more??

At that price, sign me up for 10 plans, and I assure you I will use all 10TB of disk space. Even the crapiest of crap servers with no RAID are going to cost you more than that.

I've been in the hosting business a very long time, and perhaps the most important thing I've learned is that you don't gain (or keep) clients by lying to them. "Unlimited", "AMOTS", or whatever you want to call it is nothing more than lying to the clients. If you let one client use the entire server worth of disk space, you aren't going to make any money, period.

Hmm then how about amots TB+? (As much on the server however we only promise 1 TB of space and traffic?)

If 1 TB space and 1 TB traffic is what you truly offer... uhm... why not just state that without the other confusing words like unlimited, amots or whatever?

Back