• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

amazing media what do they really pay .50 CPM?

CJ-1

Does anyone here know what they really pay? They say $1.00 CPM but i think it's more like 50 cent but it depends on how many click throughs you get right? so what does your click through rate or Actions as they call it need to be to make $1.00 CPM..... what do they pay if you Actions is like 0.10 thats where mine stays!! thats so low

All of the CPM programs want you to keep a high click through rate or they cancel you wich i think is unfair in a way i mean amazing media shows the same ad over and over half the time. What more can you do to get a high click through rate when there ad is the only one on your hole page and at the top of every page then they go and show the same ad all day wich produces a low click through it's not my fault they show the same ad all day that's why i think my click through rate is only 0.10..........when i first started using them and they didn't show the same ads i was at 0.30...........i just want to know how do they expect you to keep a high click through rate when they show the same ad all day long? thats' out of my control........to top things off i see people on geocities.com using them?

But they have always paid me on time and replyed back to my e-mails on the same day i sent them plus i live in the city where they are located at!!

I have been looking at banner-mania what do they pay and what click trough rate do they need? anyone know they might pay more :)

Thanks

I use them as well........

I bitched about them showing the same ad (their own) over and ever again. The only response I got was that they "planned to show a larger variety of ads in the future" I don't know if you noticed but most of their ads load from Flycast. I think they buy from Flycast when they don't have any of their own sold. My click through was also much higher back when we had a larger variety of ads. I think in order not to have any "Bonus/Make Good Ap." you need to have a .38 click through rate.

Just for fun do a search for "Amazing Media: Web Advertising YOU Control!" This should bring up sites using Amazing Media. Start counting the sites that are not violating the terms of amazing media, you won't have to count to high... Mine is one that so far, is not violating the terms..

Who else offers a good CPM rate, is not a scam, does not have pop ups, and will accept a low (50,000 page views/mo)? Content zone will take anybody but they are at 35 cents/1000, that is to low!!

I edited this to reflect the 35cents /1000 contentzone pays

[Edited by Mbarb on 11-20-2000 at 11:44 PM]

Mbarb: is there that many people violating Amazing Medias terms? I have seen a few and keep a eye on them and they seemed to get canceled sooner or later im guessing that they really check the high traffic sites to make sure they are not cheating.

I use Content zone on another site of mine and havent had any trouble keeping the click rate high.

I use both on my site.....

I use both Content Zone and Amazing Media on my site. I have some Password protected areaa and Amazing Media will not allow ads on areas that require a login to access, on these pages I uses content zone, my paypal ad, and Link exchange ads. the rest of the site is Amazing Media. I just can't get over Content zone paying 35 cents /1000 for this monts. How could anyone make any money at that rate!!

I agree but we don't have much of a choice on who we can use :(

I even signed a contract with a company for a CPM deal over a month ago and i haven't heard from them since then! I ask whats going on they just reply back saying "im not sure" or with some other excuse i've never have got the run around on a advertising deal before, i call them and get the same lame excuses.

Mbarb i see what you mean almost all sites are violating the terms one site had 3 of there ads on it the rest have them at the bottom of the page or 2 per page lol

Re: I use both on my site.....

Originally posted by Mbarb
I use both Content Zone and Amazing Media on my site. I have some Password protected areaa and Amazing Media will not allow ads on areas that require a login to access, on these pages I uses content zone, my paypal ad, and Link exchange ads. the rest of the site is Amazing Media. I just can't get over Content zone paying 35 cents /1000 for this monts. How could anyone make any money at that rate!!

Well, still, it's more than BurstMedia pays... they pay around $0.20 CPM .... DoubleClick also sticks around $1 CPM... I think Engage must be one of the only companies who deliver me more than $1.50 CPM for ALL banners (so also unpaid) ...

Interresting articles you might want to read:

http://www.internetnews.com/IAR/article/0,,12_485551,00.html
http://www.internetnews.com/IAR/article/0,,12_516031,00.html
http://www.thestandard.com/article/display/0,1151,19440,00.html

(And *YES*, I got these from the Burst forum :) )

actually my impressions are great. I get a good clickthru rate (.5 last month but i saw a 1+ for today it's probly gone down though) and i'm quite happy (once i receive the check i'll be very happy). They're great if you ask me. Course i'm not having to do any bonus ads, and the promotional ads is just something i take with it...

i dont know what burst pays, but doubleclick doesnt just pay $1 cpm, about two months ago, their average was $42 cpm, or else nobody on the internet would make money (not saying that anyone is anymore) Im sure that probably went down a little because the net advertising industry has gone down as a whole, but I dont think it went from $42 to $1.

yea, i bet $42CPM is real nice...
i'm quite happy with my $1.05CPM though... (and if my action stays this high, i'll get a bonus:D)

Originally posted by jw
their average was $42 cpm, or else nobody on the internet would make money

Wow! I'm making money and I don't even have paying banners on my site! (It's not a free site as well, I DO pay for it!)
I would love to have $42 CPM!

:lolyea...
Hey do they give bonuses per day cuz i got a $6 (action) bonus and there's only been like 4days... (yes the $6 is for THIS month...)

If u read the terms carefully it will say that you will begin your CPM rate at $.50 then you work your way up. I was earning like 60-90 cent. but I ask them just to see what they say and when I ask them what is my current CPM they say I am currently making $1. Why they had to ly for?

Back