• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Amazing Media Rates

Mbarb

Amazing Media Changes

New rates effective 12-1-00 but just posted today...Thanks for nothing!!

A few more changes I noticed. They are now takinig 10% of your impressions as promotional ads (used to be 5%) and not paying until you reach 50.00 (used to be 25.00)

It also looks to me like they are taking these changes back to Dec 1st..

http://www.amazingmedia.com/publishers/payment.jsp

[Edited by Mbarb on 12-28-2000 at 07:19 PM]

Wow, those rates fell hard! They use to pay $1-$3 per 1000? Now, even the largest site don't even get $1. LOL

I new they would drop the rates soon i didn't want to believe it. It looks like they will drop them from months ago i think that's unfair to us what do you guys think? The new rates should take affect Jan but they are cutting back what we made months ago that's the way it looks to me anyway.

(((((When only a GIF ad can be served, due to browser limitation or code limitation, the base rate is .25/CPM.))))) It used to be .50

The whole industry is going that way, everything is changing, the best way to make money these days is pay per search and lead guys such as searchtraffic.com and popuptraffic.com and cj.com .

I am moving away from the Impression companies. It seems they are finally going loony over the users. So I have and am going to go witha Click-Thru company. Anyone know a really good one.

A friend of mine said if A.Media doesn't pay him he is planning to take legal action they owe him a bit of money. He has a lawyer that is willing to do this for free. He asked me to get customers that were cheated by them But I don't know if it will be much of a case though.

Valueclick has always been a very good agency that is CPC.

You will only get the 12 cents a click for beginners, bigger sites upto 20 cents a click.

They have very accurate stats, pay on time, and never pull any quickies on users like Amazing Media, AdFlight, etc has recently done.

http://www.valueclick.com

Valueclick pulls the biggest scam of them all, they sell you click inventory (cpc) for 12-20 cents , ok their parent company is Doubleclick , there a majority shareholder so don't dispute it.

Well the scam is that valueclick turns a HUGE profit becuase most of the ads they serve are CPM ads execpt they only pay you per click (CPC) : ) now thats a scam guys.

How is it a scam? You could calculate CPM ads into CPC, and vice versa... its still ads, and your still getting paid.

Saying that DoubleClick is the parent company of ValueClick should say it all... since DoubleClick is one of the most respected.

Anyway, ValueClick is one of the best per click agencies. Pays on time, and every 2 weeks. They have also been around for quite a while, and has never lowered their rates to my knowledge.

With internet advertising, i think CPC is the best way to go (for advertisers) because you are paying for people actually coming to your site, not paying a ridiculous $40 CPM for people to scroll away from your banner.

Thats what I think anyway ;)

websitesponsors pays more than valueclick...
also, i've recently come aware of affiliatetarget which claims it pays $.2 as well... (for all sites)

but i agree, valueclick is as stable as i thought eads was (before they changed it from $.1)

All i'm saying is that the ammount of valueclick makes off their banners they could afford quite easily to pay everyone a rate of 0.20c a click and a top rate of 0.40c

most likely
but they're no idiots...
doubleclick owns them, so they've got plenty of advertisers...
people join with the current rates, so why join them and have even more ads sold, while they're doing just fine now...

Originally posted by Sphosting.com
All i'm saying is that the ammount of valueclick makes off their banners they could afford quite easily to pay everyone a rate of 0.20c a click and a top rate of 0.40c

Isn't that what killed CPM Advertisers in the first place? Ridiculously high rates, that just kept going higher and higher. ValueClick has been at the same rate for a long time, they are respectable, they pay, they're obviously doing something good, why change.

Originally posted by KapTinKiRk
ValueClick has been at the same rate for a long time, they are respectable, they pay, they're obviously doing something good, why change.

Because change is inevitable, someday they'll have to change the ads to maybe 'bigger' and 'better' adverts. With computer resolutions and connection speeds getting faster the ads should be improving! I doubt they'd be able to sell 468x60 ads at 12c a click 5, 10 or 20 years down the track.*

(* Keeping with inflation)

Just my thought... maybe some bigger ads from DoubleClick could change the industry a bit?

I bet that if the stock market goes up and stays there, rates will go up. Look at Amazon. There stock has gone down so much. I wonder how the advertisers acted. Did they buy more/less or did they stop buying at all.

Back