• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Alternatives to TheHostingTool?

build-a-host

321Hosted.com
NLC
Hello all,

I am starting a free reseller business on the side, and I would liek to offer the option to get the free reseller with Post 2 Host, or ad supported. I have installed TheHostingTool but, I can't get it working, and it appears that support for the program is not possible. I have asked for helped but received no response.

I could set it all up through my companies billing system (ClientExec) but, as you know, it doesn't do P2H, and I want to keep all free hosting clients and paying clients completely seperate. So, I am looking for a script that can keep track of posts for the P2H option, similar to THT. Do any of you know of an alternative to TheHostingTool, one that actually works, and you can get help with if it doesn't?

Thanks in advance!

WHMCS is a very nice system but it's not really what I need. I'm looking for something that can keep track of posts for a P2H option on free hosting.

I have been trying to get TheHostingTool to work but it won't complete the registration and support for the script doesn't exist I guess.

I have run into the same problems, THT used to work great; but now it seems to not work at all, getting mysql errors, connection errors and more. iPanel is another product, its not free but I am told it works well. I have personally never used it before.
http://www.ihostdev.com/ipanel.html

Anthony

In the latest version of THT, some of jQuery functions does not work.(Edit footer template in Admin panel, Modify stylesheet etc...)
But I am still happy with it since it's still free. :)

RubyRingTech, it sounds like you have transferred a THT installation from one server to another. If this is the case you need to re-install THT entirely.

@sander k: no one has been kind enough to donate the use of a vb 4.x forum to us, so we have not been able to develop/test THT for it.

In the latest version of THT, some of jQuery functions does not work.(Edit footer template in Admin panel, Modify stylesheet etc...)
But I am still happy with it since it's still free. :)

So wait...they went from releasing perfectly stable versions to versions that don't work properly?

RubyRingTech, it sounds like you have transferred a THT installation from one server to another. If this is the case you need to re-install THT entirely.

@sander k: no one has been kind enough to donate the use of a vb 4.x forum to us, so we have not been able to develop/test THT for it.

so u mean have to wipe out the whole database?
or able to import back the old database?

you need to install on a new database, but then you can move your server info, packages, and clients over from the old database.

so it means everything have to do manually?
if thats the case, then i think i should ask my fren to do it himself already,
anyway, the accounts that he currently have is all his own accounts anyway.

seems like THT needs more developer, i'll try to help u to promote THT in order to get more new developers, since soon i might be using it for a new host to sell hosting to ppl in my country

I still own a vBulletin 4.x license that I am not using at the moment.
I don't know how long you would need the license, as I might use it in a month or so.

THT is free and decent, but it is not there yet as far as I am concerned. IPanel is going to be your best bet. Unfortunately, the support is lacking and completely unhelpful. Their file scanner has been broken for over a year from what I have read. I gave up on their support at the two week mark.

Let me pull up the ticket..

If you read the dates, you will realize it took them around sixty days just to get back to me, and the issue was never fixed.

To me, the experience was awful and if I ever decide to use iPanel again, I will likely never use their support system.

Hopefully WHMCS will come out with a post2host module at some point in time.

Apologies to kick up a 3 month thread, but I haven't been browsing much in the recent months.

To say THT was mostly and nearly all developed by me in around 2 months without any big previous knowledge on database modelling or coding was a big task. To see where it is now is unbelievable but its thriving in a market which hasn't got any competition hardly.

There should be *hopefully* providing if I have the time, a total revamp of THT in the summer. Ground up reworked using CakePHP. I'm currently studying and working towards my degree so in between semesters is when I really can focus.

Apologies to kick up a 3 month thread, but I haven't been browsing much in the recent months.

To say THT was mostly and nearly all developed by me in around 2 months without any big previous knowledge on database modelling or coding was a big task. To see where it is now is unbelievable but its thriving in a market which hasn't got any competition hardly.

There should be *hopefully* providing if I have the time, a total revamp of THT in the summer. Ground up reworked using CakePHP. I'm currently studying and working towards my degree so in between semesters is when I really can focus.

By using a framework like cake surly it will just bloat the software? Proper OOP coding would reduce this?

Back