• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

All those who enjoy their privacy or hate microsoft - read

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Ben
You'll still get the program. Thats the point.

That's called defeating the purpose...
emulation is unstable. You say linux is stable, well I bet emulating something to run on Linux is way more unstable than just running it on windows in the first place.

Originally posted by guitarnerd
That's called defeating the purpose...
emulation is unstable. You say linux is stable, well I bet emulating something to run on Linux is way more unstable than just running it on windows in the first place.
I have run stuff under Linux + WINE and it was stable.

Originally posted by Ben
I have run stuff under Linux + WINE and it was stable.

I have run stuff just with Windows and it was stable to...so why would I want to install wine and linux just to run something that I could run on Windows.

Like most of you i do not have a particular liking of microsoft, i cant really say that i 'hate' them either. we all owe alot to mocrosof as they carved the paving stones to what we have today. microsoft has good reason to protect itself against piracy as it loses a$$ loads of money from it. maybe if everyone was willing to pay for Windows they wouldnt charge so much (or maybe i should just head outta my a$$). i understand why they are/want to do this but i dont agree on their methods of tackling the problem.

As far as software compatability is concerned (as much as it hurts to say it) windows s***ts on linux and you know it!

The warez 'industry' (using term lightly) is responsible for a reasnable amount of microsofts domination. if people couldnt download it they would lose some of their market share to a *nix alternative. If the warez 'industry' did move to *nix based environment it would take a hell of alot of windows users with it.

Which is better? ....i guess depends on what u wanna do with it, you can do alot with either some do certain tasks better than others encryption...:rolleyes:

I personally perfer *nix but rarely use it simply because windows is convienient. why spend my time hopping from XP to *nix when i can just do it all on XP :eek:

..thats me done for now....bet im gonna get blasted for this but oh well i had to say summin :D

Nemesis has it perfectly right, though how the warez industry could move to unix I don't know, considering most things in Unix are free anyways (One exception being WineX, even though regular Wine is free).

I think I'll stick with my Windows until *nix has more compatibility with my programs. You can use WINE, but if you do you'd might as well use Windows, in my everyday uses anyway...

I personally agree with guitarnerd 99%, mabe people are just jealous of MS money or something, but if you ask me they make a hell of a product.

You might say "I don't know all there is" or whatever, and mabe I don't, but Windows has what I need and Linux doesn't, at this point.

Now it's my turn Nemesis249 :D

P.S. guitarnerd, recommend any books for a newb in VB.NET?

Last edited:
If it dont run under *nix it isnt good enough for me. 'nuff said :p my linux boxes have been stable since the day i installed them. something i never accomplished as a windows user. my 3rd linux box is going up this weekend as a quake3 server, and i'll bet that'll it will better than any windows powered q3 server. hell most of my games run 25%+ faster than they did when i used windows. take my 750 duron for example. under windows it was choking barely could play any games. under linux it get upward of 80fps and my box is topping 100fps with a geforce 2 MX200. *nix will always be superior than windows. hope you heard this all ya microshit worshipers (exspecially u guitarnerd ;) )

It runs better because nothing else is running in the background. I bet I could make quake 3 run equal to your nix box if you disable certain things

there is a ration on performance:features...well in windows you actually have features as well as the option to disable the features. You obviously know crap about windows or else you wouldn't be saying such untrue, illiterate, immature and unknowledgable statements.

I installed Redhat 7.2 for the heck of it...Fun to play with but it is merely a toy...Windows is the real stuff

Originally posted by Daniel
I'm not going to argue anymore. It's like comparing apples and orange(not in the sense which is one is healthier). Which one do you prefer?

Nuff said...let's put it to bed again. This has strayed way off the original topic anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back