• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Alex Online 4.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget, alex has wealthy parents, they were gonna get him an OC-3 server (some will remember this thread a while back)

Anyways, on the matter of vBulletin vs. PHPbb, I tried both, and while vBulletin is more mature and feature rich, I prefer PHPbb. They have a great development team who are taking suggestions serious, and they reply almost immediatly to messages on the BB.

I think that in future version PHPbb will become better than vBulletin, especially since it's free, and it will stay that way. So why pay 160$ if you can get simular for free.

listen

people i am banned for not abiding by the coppa or whatever so this is my last and final message for a while. i am sorry if i have made you mad, please frogive me.. have a happy newyear and see ya on January 28,2000 when i turn 13 yippe!!
-Alex

btw: the new site is @ dim8.net/~alex

I thought Dimension 8 WebHosting could use the skills that Alex has.. the good skills I mean. But it's a shame that he has given Dim8 a bad reputation by being part of it. I have removed him from Dimension 8 and deleted his site, which was a free site. His actions prior of being part of Dimension 8 have been so bad that he had Dimension 8 look bad.

Just so you know Alex...

I'm keeping tabs on you... as well as others on the board...

If I see VB on your website... I'm going to report you and you'll have to authenticate your license to the owners of vBulletin.

I'm a licensed vBulletin owner... I'm not going to let anyone who is suspiciously using a copy of vBulletin let go free... It wouldn't be the first time I reported illegal usage of vBulletin or UBB for that matter.

Buh Bye Now...
rockergrrl

don't get the guy in trouble... he is only 12, he can't afford it so he got it free... big deal... its not like any one is losing any thing... people who report people for stuff like that need to just mind their own business unless they work for the company who's product he got for free...

I'm not going to let it go....

Using a Pirated copy of vBulletin is illegal. Its the same thing as Warez.

So if I can't afford say.... Photoshop 6.... and I downloaded it from a warez site... Its ok... Because I found it for free...because I can't afford to buy it myself??

Warez is anything you got illegally. Scripts, Programs, etc... Warez is Warez is Warez...

I reported him to James one of the owners of vBulletin... He should be acting on it any day now.... F2S will probably be deleting his website...

Plus... I have an obligation to act upon anything illegal happening on this bulletin board -- that's my job as a moderator.... If you don't like it... tough! :)

Originally posted by Omari
don't get the guy in trouble... he is only 12, he can't afford it so he got it free... big deal... its not like any one is losing any thing... people who report people for stuff like that need to just mind their own business unless they work for the company who's product he got for free...
What a DUMB statement. We vB license holders want to get updates for the product. vBulletin is still the best board around and once phpBB will be finished they will already release vB2 which is seriously the best board ever. The peopl who work on that software need to get paid, the company needs to get money for further promotion and development.

If everybody would use warez we would still work on DOS. You can rent a vB licence for as little as 30$/year, which is almost nothing compared to the quality of the product.

Being 12 is no excuse. His parnets should keep a closer eye on him, till he's 13 or whenever.

whats dumb is how you could waiste your time to get someone else in trouble... you get nothing out of it, vb gets nothing out of it... if you were to tell me that you downloaded paint shop pro from a warez site i wouldn't go tell on you... its none of my business... if you were to go to a store and steal a copy of paint shop pro it would be different... stores have to pay for each copy they get... that would be like them buying it for you... but when you download it off the net it is different... you are not taking anything from anyone... if i paid alot of money for somthing and someone else got the same thing for free illegally would i be jealous like you guys obviously are? probly... but would i be a "player hater" and try to get that person in trouble which does not benefit anyone at all? nope... i am not saying what he did is right but its not really wrong either... its a damn script that was made available to download... your acting like he robbed a bank... no offense but... hmm how can i say this... you sound like the type of person commonly refered to as a "tattle tale" by little kids and "tattle tales" are the kind of people that you just hate... do you not realize how many people are using pirated scripts and programs and games? not that i am or any thing but telling on one person is not going to change any thing... if i had sold as many copies of the same damn script that vb has sold i would not even care about how many people are using it for free... they are already getting over on people by charging so much... thats why i use ikonboard... not that i could afford vb anyway... i hope you feel good about your self... damn... i just now waisted my time just like you... trying to defend a criminal made me waiste probly the same amount of time that you waisted sending an e-mail to vb... oh well, nothing personal, just think its kinda dumb that you would purposely get someone in trouble who has done nothing to you...

by the way... if i got caught with a pirated version of vb by either my hosting company or vbulliten i would simply switch hosting companies and move on with my life...

it would be pretty funny if this guy's script is not really from a warez site...

I agree with Omari. Why do u even care what he does? And if u did rip off Adobe Photoshop 6, good. Why let the big companies who will spend thousands on software, have all the proffesional software???? If i didnt dl some of my warez i would still be makin webpages that sucked and i would never get anywhere.

Just think about it....

I'm not gonna take sides here, but I'd like to add a tid-bit of information for you people to think about.

Unfortunityly, warez will always exist in some way, shape, or form. However, if it didn't exist, you wouldn't need it. Might sound strange, but it's absolutely true. If software companies didn't have to deal with illegal versions of software floating around, the prices WOULD BE lower. Now you're thinking ''Those greedy bastards want my money, they'd have high prices anyway... blah, blah, blah, bullshit.'' Well, that isn't true. Look at it this way, prices start out a bit high on pretty much all things. They gradually decrease in price because of competition; therefore, they're cheap. This cannot be the case in software because prices are forced to shoot strait back up because of lost money from warez. So instead of prices rising, they would lower without warez. Kind of ironic that the purpose of warez contradicts itself, eh ;).

The point has been argued both ways. If you want to debate about warez and the impact it has on software makers then take it to the General forum.

Otherwise this thread is going nowhere, and because Alex isn't currently allowed to post new messages on the forum he can't respond.

Therefore the thread is locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back