• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Aletiahosting, My-Acen, Tera-Byte ...

cgi?

:confused: where does it say on the myacen site that they support cgi? if they do, i surely will go with them. by the way, how much is it in aussie dollars for the $25 plan?

Hello,

I have a lot of hard feelings towards Tera-Byte. Did you know Spaceports is a "Branched off company" of Tera-Byte? Spaceports recently made all of it's members pay 20 dollars a year for advertising free hosting. The banenrs they have are sickenning, and spawn popups. I paid my 20 dollars, and got my hosting. Now they are continually taking little features away, bandwidth, and many other things. I consult their "tech support" and they treat me like a 3 year old. One of the people I talked to, works for Tera-Byte, I have spent countless hours argueing how they are screwing with people, and simply wrong.

my point in writing that is, the same people that run tera, run spaceports. The are also affiliated with cjb.net, which has recently brough pop ups their their "ad free url's"

In my opinion, Tera-Byte the main company is fine, but if they EVER start to loose money, prepare for them to treat other paying customers the same way.

I have lost over 40 dollars to Spaceports (Tera-Byte) and I can say I am not happy with them

Alright, from what I heard Tera-byte is a very sound fiscally stable company that will survive this recent downturn that seems to be nearing an end.

let me say again, Tera-Byte is known to be a good quality company. I am just sharing my opinion in the way they did buisness with me.

Originally posted by ningaming
let me say again, Tera-Byte is known to be a good quality company. I am just sharing my opinion in the way they did buisness with me.

Yeah I understand. When a company grows large, some people on the tech support can be awfully annoying.

Originally posted by ningaming
Hello,

I have a lot of hard feelings towards Tera-Byte. Did you know Spaceports is a "Branched off company" of Tera-Byte? Spaceports recently made all of it's members pay 20 dollars a year for advertising free hosting. The banenrs they have are sickenning, and spawn popups. I paid my 20 dollars, and got my hosting. Now they are continually taking little features away, bandwidth, and many other things. I consult their "tech support" and they treat me like a 3 year old. One of the people I talked to, works for Tera-Byte, I have spent countless hours argueing how they are screwing with people, and simply wrong.

my point in writing that is, the same people that run tera, run spaceports. The are also affiliated with cjb.net, which has recently brough pop ups their their "ad free url's"

In my opinion, Tera-Byte the main company is fine, but if they EVER start to loose money, prepare for them to treat other paying customers the same way.

I have lost over 40 dollars to Spaceports (Tera-Byte) and I can say I am not happy with them
my site is @ spaceports and i just leave the ads in place

the ads spawn pop ups all over the place, and it is also an ad frame. The combination of this can really destroy a website.

The fact I was trying to make, was they simply "did it" without givng any prior warning. Yes, they are a free host, and gives them the right to do this, but this was only 1 of sevreal events that occurred.

Re: cgi?

Originally posted by ChronoMagnon
:confused: where does it say on the myacen site that they support cgi?

It says Perl 5. It can't be executed in any other way other than through CGI. ;)

Re: Re: cgi?

Originally posted by Hayama-kun

It says Perl 5. It can't be executed in any other way other than through CGI. ;)
sure it can. you can run non-cgi perl scripts in unix shell..

Re: Re: Re: cgi?

Originally posted by stu
sure it can. you can run non-cgi perl scripts in unix shell..
I'm talking about utilization for the web. :biggrin2:

Yeah, I know, perl -tackonanyoptionshere stuff.pl

i've been with tera-byte for over a year now and i've had my share of bad luck. I've been considering moving since after about 3 months i had the account, but it's just all the problems moving would bring with it... If i knew how to move my MySQL database, i'd move to myacen tomorrow... Well not tomorrow cuz i'm quite busy, but definately this weekend.

It just amazes me how many people are having such good luck with tera-byte. Makes me wonder if i just got stuck on one of their old p-o-s servers or something... Lately it's gotten better but there was a time where the MySQL server was down for about 3 days, and even then still had problems.

Also, i don't know if this is because it's in Canada or not, but it sometimes takes forever to upload stuff. The only thing that'll go at a decent speed is if i upload a big zip file or something. For example, yesterday it took about 10 minutes to upload a 4kb .inc file...

Anyway, both Myacen and Tera-Byte are quite reputable, and i suppose with either one you could be one of the few unlucky...

Back