• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Aletia

Melody

I'm leaning towards Aletia for webhosting, but are there any other good hosts that are better than them?

It depends on your space and bandwidth needs. I currently have accounts with many of the low cost providers out there, since I have a large collection of small, mostly undeveloped domains. I do currently host with Aletia.

Aletia's packages offer a lot of value, but they're clearly in a period of transition with their support staff and support procedures. They recently implemented a new support ticketing system that is apparently helping matters, but several of the servers (Kiwi, Eagle) have had some downtime recently.

I do plan to keep hosting with Aletia for now, but I will not be providing them with any new business until they stabilize a bit.

My account with Phenominet.com has been very stable, but the lack of a control panel is somewhat irritating. But, then again, maybe that's why they are so stable...No Cpanel! I would also recommend uniqhost.com. I have a Cobalt account that I am quite satisfied with. They are in Malaysia and they use Rackshack, so keep that in mind when you make your choice.

Can recommend Dixiesys

They have packages starting at $3.95/month or $40/year for 200MB storage and 5GB/monthly bandwidth.

I have had an account with them for about a month, so it may not be much to go at - but it's been rock solid so far.

Another little detail I like is the fact that Gary Harris (the guy running the company) is an adult! I've seen a couple of these services run by 17-18 year olds. No disrespect, but I prefer it this way. He's even admitted that he's experiencing some growing problems due to all the people signing up. Myself, I haven't noticed so much.

They have a forum, would recommend you check it out.

Btw, Aletia is supposed to be quite good as well. Haven't tried them though. One thing, I've heard people complaining about how much better/faster their service used to be before.

Other than that - take a look at Myacen. They have some really attractive packages.

If you want to be dirt cheap - cyberwings.com offer hosting at a very low cost. To be honest, I find them TOO cheap. They've attracted a few spammers lately because of those prices.

Two other hosts I've heard nothing but good things about are Hostculture.com and Downtownhost.com. There are a lot of good hosts out there, look around and see which one offers the best deal for you. Hope I've been of some help.

Best of luck to you!

biosphere

Back