• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Aletia Webhosting?

Mandrake

NLC
NLC
I've seen them mentioned on here before. Anyone know what happened to them? I'm just curious because I got a couple of e-mails from someone this morning who was pretty hot that his site was down and e-mail not working. I had never heard of him before so I did a whois on his domain name and his nameservers were ns1 & 2.aletia.com . Apparently he got my company mixed up with them by mistake. My company name is ALEXIA (named after my daughter). Anyway, I was just wondering since I've heard them mentioned before.

They used to be very popular, but I guess they just grew too quickly. Go to webhostingtalk.com and do a search for them; that may lead you to know what happened.

Bigperm uses and recommends them. There are quite a few references to them in a search here too ;)

I'm with JW on this one. LAte last year they were very popular and apparently just grew too quickly. These last few months haven't been too great for them... usually short, but semi-frequent downtimes, have led to a lot of people jumping ship. Not to mention the 15+ hours of downtime today because their DNS server went down.

Originally posted by Bruce
I'm with JW on this one. LAte last year they were very popular and apparently just grew too quickly. These last few months haven't been too great for them... usually short, but semi-frequent downtimes, have led to a lot of people jumping ship. Not to mention the 15+ hours of downtime today because their DNS server went down.

That's probably what cheesed off that Turkish guy who wrote to me by mistake.

I used to use them last year. Things were going good, but I had a gut feeling that they were going to have problems. Lucky I jumped ship before all the problems started..

Yeah this thread is a few days old but here's my 10cents.

I have never had any problems with them. Of my last three hosts they are the only ones I can say that about. I've never had to use their tech support, and never noticed any downtime. OF course I don't run a mission critical website either... mostly picture of me and the elusive EHA on there.

They are still recommended by me because I have enver had any problems and I don't know what these other people are talking about.

Aletia hosting was bought out by Jaguarpc, a very reputable company, they were the first host i used 3-4 years ago!

Greg is a very reputable person and trustworthy.

Back