• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

AHPlace is returning on July 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subhash

Recently I got the news that AHPlace is coming back.
They will be having same plans and same support team. If it really does then it's a good news. :beer:
See their site http://ahplace.com
I used to be with Ahplace and I really felt bad when it closed down. Though the reason they showed for closing was not believable. Anyway if it comes back will it be as reliable as before?

they closed down coz the server got hacked
by that, i mean it was wiped down to nothing
so then the Quotaless host turned up

Yes, I know that they closed down due to hacking (1 sever out of 2), but the strangest part i find is that all of a sudden they declare that they are closing and after few minutes they declare they will start layerdpanel host Quotaless.com and very next day Quotaless.com is ready with basic layout and forum.
At least domain registration and building site layout can not be done overnight. I think they were searching a reason to close and start new ad-supported host. It may be true that server was hacked but they took the opportunity to close as soon as possible.

I do not like AHPlace becasue they are not stable although I was GlobalMod in their forums.

well people
can you contact -OY- and ask that will the forum data remain or we have to post again?

I don't think that they will recover the old forum data and give members the opportunity to have account without re-posting.

@ hamed4u : Yes I know they were unstable and created lots of problem to us members. But I think as they are returning they must be having some solid business plan for a long run. That's why I will take another chance with AHPlace. But I fear that they won't ask for monthly posting or ads.

That's strange. AHplace requir 10 post for 5GB and 20 post for 10GB space and 100 for reseller. They had a automatic signup script installed which checks the forum postcount before proceeding to account creation.

While on AHPlace, my site only went down for two times. That also because of their DNS issues. Overall, I liked this host. But they vanished... LOL! Luckily I keep regular backups, so I didn't faced any loss except that my site was down for one whole day.

I got several problems with 'em.
but i think now its the time to get everything set up as a brand new hosting again. forget the past and see what can they do now.

They were pretty decent until that quotaless and hacked stuff came up. I might sign up to test them with their new service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back