• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Aha...Now isnt this funny....

Webdude

NLC
BannerKillers decided they werent going to offer their services until the year was over because "you the users refuse to support us by making a simply click on our banners".

OOh but according to them, it is evil for a free host to put a banner and make some money. Now they are seeing what fwp's put up with. Think about it....it is a nobrainer after all. If your puny site cost money, imagine how much an fwp costs...

This website, the code production and software developers time all costs money and I’m sorry to say I do not have a money tree growing in my backyard which will help support this service.

And I suppose a free web host costs nothing to run...hmmm.

I and everyone else within Banner Killers will not be working for the rest of the year. All operations will and projects will now stop. Please feel free to send me an Email and if it is addressed to someone other than myself I will pass it on to whom it may concern.

Must be nice to take off. Typical of your sucky support anyway, just run away. You're good at that.

I can only hope things will get better next year. Enjoy your Christmas and have a safe new year….
Scott Holland,
Manager

I doubt next year will be any better for you. You're telling people how to get rid of banners on their hosts, you really think their going to click on yours?? Get real.

By the way, I've been waiting for bannerkillers to come out with a code to block our ads.....but after all this time, I have come to the conclusion that they simply dont have that kind of brainpower. I know you hate me now....GOOD!.

I would like to thank those of you who have sent the kind, encouraging Emails and I would even like to thank those we have sent the hate ones. You all have made a contribution to Banner Killers and it has always been for the good of Banner Killers. I would also like to thank those who have made a click on the (hey, why advertise! I took it out) banners even though it has been for nothing!

Well, I wouldnt email and you never have, it's a waste of time. Go ahead, feel sorry for yourself that you arent making any money....I LOVE seeing you grovel like that. Of course, it's come to be expected from losers like you, right? I'm laughing my ass off over it! By the way, I know about this new system your coming out with that blocks ads on fwp's directly from your server........and waiting.......and waiting........and waiting.........

Originally posted by rmsharpe
I've found a way to get rid of Webdude's banners... but sadly, it involves paying 5 bucks a month :p

Or you can just pay for it all in one go, for a lower price of $36 a year.... :)

Originally posted by Webdude
BannerKillers decided they werent going to offer their services until the year was over because "you the users refuse to support us by making a simply click on our banners".

Seems kind of ironic, doesn't it? :)

great time

this would be a great time to be playing isn't it ironic by atlantis morsett. Just so you know i don't like her music

Banner Killers Point Of View

After reading the comments from some people I think I should clear a few things up.
Banner Killers do not support forced advertising as if we did we would not provide the info we do.
The banners found on the Banner Killers are NOT forced but one we have put their for the purpose of revenue in order to provide (when possible) a better service.
We are well aware just as any person would be the banners pay the bills for FWP.
We do not support FORCED banners and this is the point Im trying to make. If a provide provides the option to its user - we remove their listing.

Banner Killers is a free site last time I checked. Does it cost money to run? Yes it does? Like What? Like server space? The money we pay to the people which help us out from time to time.

Im not doing this because I want money. I dont care about money. If Banner Killers cut a profit for want of a better word I would pay for what I think would make for a good site and then the rest I could give away and I would be happy as a pig in shit.

The point you seem to miss is what Banner Killers is about!

No forced Banners? That modchip banner on the index page looks like a forced banner to me!

Oh.. and did namezero finally catch ya?

Would it classify as a "forced" banner, when the user knows that as part of the terms of using a FWP's service they need to display their ads, and they agree to this and sign up to use it anyway?

Ya know, I actually kinda like Hollywoods thinking! Just think of all the things we could apply it to!!! We could get everything for free...!

Idiot.

Re: Banner Killers Point Of View

Originally posted by Hollywood
After reading the comments from some people I think I should clear a few things up.
Banner Killers do not support forced advertising as if we did we would not provide the info we do.
The banners found on the Banner Killers are NOT forced but one we have put their for the purpose of revenue in order to provide (when possible) a better service.
We are well aware just as any person would be the banners pay the bills for FWP.
We do not support FORCED banners and this is the point Im trying to make. If a provide provides the option to its user - we remove their listing.

Banner Killers is a free site last time I checked. Does it cost money to run? Yes it does? Like What? Like server space? The money we pay to the people which help us out from time to time.

Im not doing this because I want money. I dont care about money. If Banner Killers cut a profit for want of a better word I would pay for what I think would make for a good site and then the rest I could give away and I would be happy as a pig in shit.

WTF???
I can't quit laughing...
UN-BELIEVEABLE...

If you don't care about money, why in the world are you implementing a forced click system? If you wanted a "better world," you would provide your so-called "heavenly" service for "free." Geez, what oxymoronic idiots.

Coolin what you just said made little to no sense. I think Banner Killers are basically fools but not caring about making a profit (obviously what he/she meant) and caring about costs of running a cost are two different things. And of course implementing a forced click system is against the TOS of every ad company.

Chris is right about Bannerkillers caring about covering the costs of running its operation. They need the money to pay people to keep up-to-date on the latest FWP ad killer code. http://www.cexx.org/ has no ads on its site, and their banner killing codes are terribly out of date in a lot of places. I'm not saying that it's right to kill FWP banner ads, I'm just stating a point about having to cover the costs of running anything.

How does making banner killing codes cost money? These are people who have too much time on their hands. They would have created the code even without the "operation costs."

Re: Banner Killers Point Of View

Originally posted by Hollywood
Banner Morons do not support forced advertising as if we did we would not provide the info we do.
I suppose the pathetic begging that you'll have to close down if people don't start clicking on ads isn't 'forcing' your vistors to click on the ads per se, just more of a threat? Good riddance if you can't afford the site and you have to close it.

The banners found on the Banner Morons are NOT forced but one we have put their for the purpose of revenue in order to provide (when possible) a better service.

Just very sad. They provide the option, it's called pay the host money.

Bordering on truly pathetic.

I am SORRY, but this is just amazingly <<what's the word>>??? I mean, I am trying not to flame you. I'm trying to hold back. I really am, but you are seriously lacking in mental capacity if you can't connect all the dots.

Somehow, you are unaware that there is an agreement that takes place. In return for all of the services that the host offers, the person signing up receives banner supported free hosting.

Forced? Hardly.

Hey, I got an idea, since you are so keen on offering ad-free non-forced advertsing web space! Open up your own host that doesn't have ads! Give people what they want yourself!

I apologize for this post in advance, and realize it isn't very moderator-like, but I can't help it. I changed the name of the site above as not to drawn un-needed attention to his site. Picked the first word that came to mind. No offense.

Again, do a service to your visitors and open up your OWN ad-free no-forced banners host.

Back