• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

agp440.sys

Hobo

I have no idea what I did but now when I try to start my computer my XP Pro dies. If I try and start it normally it fails to load and in safe mode it gets stuck at
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT\System32\Drivers\agp440.sys

//edit I don't know what's wrong but that gp440.sys goes with the a above.

Is there anything next to reinistalling xp that I can do to fix this?

//edit
In fact can I even reinstall XP? I put in the cd but I think the menu for it is after it loads.....

Last edited:
The problem is that windows doesn't even load so how would I do either of those options?

Last edited:
A Windows repair installation doesn't require that you load Windows.

Put your bootable WinXP CD in your drive (make sure your CD-ROM has booting priority over your HDD in the BIOS), then continue as if you were doing a new installation. It will then ask you if you want to repair your current installation, so say yes.

Ok, how do I set the booting priority then? Sorry for all the questions but I think I've really stepped in it this time, since I appeared to have messed up my new computer.

It depends on the BIOS.

Just look around in it. You should see an option to set boot device order.

I could kiss you, I've never been so happy.

You are my hero, thank you.

//edit It's back to normal heh.

Back