• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

advice on getting started with ads

actorj

I was hoping to find some advice on what the best way to ago about implemting ads on my site, when I should do so, and how many visitors I should have before doing so.

On a side note, if anyone has any suggestions on how to drive people to my site, search engines exlcuded (what an impossible mess those have become, I pretty much just submit and hope these days).

You would need a substantial amount of page views per month before you could look at making much money.

It also depends on what type of site you have, where you live etc

well, i don't really expect to make a huge ammout of money or anything, I just want to make a bit of extra cahs to cover webhosting and various expenses.

I live in Canada, and as for what type of site I am going to have, that is not 100% decided. It wil actually be a network of sub-sites, but the topic of some has not yet been decided.

Originally posted by actorj
I live in Canada, and as for what type of site I am going to have, that is not 100% decided. It wil actually be a network of sub-sites, but the topic of some has not yet been decided.
Probably a good idea to get the site up and running first. :classic2:

naturally I will have the site up and running first. I am simply trying to get a good idea of how to approach advertising when I get to that point.

Now, please, does anyone have any real advice?

I don't think we were just being corny here as you don't even know what sort of site you will put up as yet.

In order to make money from ads you need good content, a lot of page views etc.

The type of advertising sometimes depends on the type of site you have also.

So get the site up, and then you will get plenty of assistance, I promise. :)

Back