• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Advice + Host needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bios

I like to keep my sites all on different hosts so sorry for requesting again :)

Anyway another site (file downloading) I have that started a few months ago started off with a few hundred uniques a month. Then it went to 4000 uniques the next month. It has then gone upto 11,000 uniques and 22,000 unqiues. As you can see it is doubling each month and now (1st September) I have had 3000 uniques in a single day (Or 200,000 plain hits).

Its all averagely timed traffic around 800 hits an hour. Half of it from United States and European Union.

I am currently on shared hosting but wondering if I should stay shared for a little longer or get dedicated (or maybe inbetween)? I'm currently relying on advertising which is in the bracket of enough for a dedicated server but if for some reason I lost advertising or went under the monthly costs then that would be the end of it.

Last month I was using around 3-5gb a day.

Need some advice and offers thanks :)

that is a pretty good volume..... what is the budget that you can spend. VPS is good but with this traffic you want a dedcated server better. I would not switch hosts you do not know well unless you go with dedicated, vps can still get you suspended or something and you cannot take that with such traffic.
what is your site if I may ask?

Well, I went with saying you use about 4GB Bandwidth a day.

So that means around 120GB a month. Hmm, I say go with a VPS. Dedicated is to big, and has stuff you don't need for this situation. And it costs more, a shared hosting plan is too small for what you need. I think a VPS is just right.

ITahmed said:
that is a pretty good volume..... what is the budget that you can spend. VPS is good but with this traffic you want a dedcated server better. I would not switch hosts you do not know well unless you go with dedicated, vps can still get you suspended or something and you cannot take that with such traffic.
what is your site if I may ask?

Well I am limited by space so not many files are hosted (3000 atm) which means I'm not getting as many people as I could get :)P). My budget for now would be $100 but I am flexible on that. I will show one of the sites which is: http://uppit.com

my recommendation is give liquidweb a call..... your price of $100 might get somewhere (if you can up it a bit)
VPS is ok, however, some companies if you spike them they will give you hell. this is why I suggest against it, especially if you are switching providers. This is why I recommend an entry level server. :)

Chief said:
Well, I went with saying you use about 4GB Bandwidth a day.

So that means around 120GB a month. Hmm, I say go with a VPS. Dedicated is to big, and has stuff you don't need for this situation. And it costs more, a shared hosting plan is too small for what you need. I think a VPS is just right.

Yeah to be honest all I need is FTP and phpMyAdmin and to be able to use my domain via nameservers.

I can put together a custom vps plan in your price range, if you are interested please email me at admin@aandmhosting.com to let me know more information such as what cpanel you would like and the amount of storage space and i can give you an exact quote. :wave:

Thank You,
Josh Anderson

Bios said:
Yeah to be honest all I need is FTP and phpMyAdmin and to be able to use my domain via nameservers.

Than you'll probably get a good price, due to;

control panel costs are out of the way.

Additionally I am keeping in mind your traffic is doubling rapidly..... VPS that requires a contract can be hard to get rid of unless you upgrade with that provider to a dedicated which in that event will go with their pricing.

we dont require contracts, just like to add that because i didnt htink about it, thank you ITahmed.

A&M Hosting said:
we dont require contracts, just like to add that because i didnt htink about it, thank you ITahmed.
That certainly looks pretty good. way within what you anticipated to pay, no contract. and matches your requirements :) Good Luck

Thanks guys I have chosen a VPS with room to upgrade to a dedicated if I need to. Guess I have saved some money asking :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back