• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

advertwizard

jpoc

Anyone know what's up with them?

The domain name now just points to a registrar's page.

Perhaps there is a tech fault but it's been over a day and I fear the worst.

jpoc

that is a little unusual, wait till afer the weekend if its still like that, It may be safe to assume they are ----ed.

http://www.geekvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=80836#post80836

there the thread

--------------------

Taz
-----------
As you may be aware we are currently suffering some technical difficulties concering the advertwizard.com domain name.

Unfortunately, we have no control over this.

So to summarise:

We recently transfered our domain name to easyspace, but they omitted to update the nameserver with our DNS ips.

The DNS's that we use didn't get added and easyspace pointed advertwizard.com at themselves.

DNS's around the world are updating and believe advertwizard.com points at easyspace.

We have amended this with easyspace so again we ait for the DNS's to update. As some of you probably know, this can be between 24-48 hours.

Sorry for the problems this may have caused you
Posted By adwiz, 23 Nov 2001 18:03 BST

---------------------

I got no idea where he got the info from.

Originally posted by Epgs
how good are they otherwise?

They seem OK. They are CPM and rather than showing defaults, they run a banex scheme. Of course, at the moment, most ads are banex and not paid. Averaged out it amounts to about $0.06 CPM. They pay in British Pounds and it looks as though you need to run about half a million ads in order to reach their minimum.

As most of their publishers are small, many (or most) will not yet have reached the point at which they are paid but there has been at least one report in this forum that they paid up.

jpoc

i have reached about 100 british pounds now and I'm waiting for the payment now (I've requested it a view days ago, and it should be send out in December).

When I get a check, I'll post it in the forum...

Originally posted by jpoc

They seem OK. They are CPM and rather than showing defaults, they run a banex scheme. Of course, at the moment, most ads are banex and not paid. Averaged out it amounts to about $0.06 CPM. They pay in British Pounds and it looks as though you need to run about half a million ads in order to reach their minimum.

As most of their publishers are small, many (or most) will not yet have reached the point at which they are paid but there has been at least one report in this forum that they paid up.

jpoc

Is the minimum £100 , thats alot :eek:

According to the FAQ it is twenty pounds.

Some quick claculator prodding later:

Divide the number of impressions that the network claims each month by the number of sites in the network to get an idea of an average site.

Then factor in the current effective CPM.

The "avereage" site will take six years to reach the minimum payout.

Of course, if the CPM holds up and those sites double their traffic each year, the time comes down and looks reasonable.

its £20 minimum, ive recieved 4 cheques off them up to now and am more than happy with them, id reccomend them to any samll site out there as you get the banner exchange program so your getting visitors to your site aswel. the money isnt as good and isnt as stable as other ad companies out there but they are a very fair company, you get half of what they earn from showing ad's on your pages so if they get busy as hell you get a fat wallet, ya cant get much fairer than that. also they allow forum traffic which most dont. im pulling in about 10,000 impressions a day incl my forum on my site and am only pulling in on average £20 a month but its paying for the webspace the site is on so im happy!!!

a big thumb s up for advertwizard, by far the best option for small - medium sites out there IMO

Back