• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Advertising for a BIG site.

Mr.Oreo

Hey everyone.

I'm the co-owner of l33t.ca (some of you might have heard of us).

The thought has been dancing in my head to put up advertising across the l33t.ca network, and I was wondering what company I should go with?

We serve up a pretty large amount of traffic per month (about 120 Gb's of traffic, at about 17 million hits), and I'm worried about not getting a cheque at the end of the month.

We haven't taken on any new sites in about 3 months (as many of you will recall, the server was down more often than a 10 cent hooker at the march of dimes) as Deth and I have been ironing out the bugs in the server (we've been stable and up for the last 5 1/2 weeks). We're stable again, and plan on taking in about 5000 more people in the month of August.

So we're planning on growing even larger than 17 million hits a month (somewhere in the area of 1.75 million hits a day is where we think we'll be at in the middle of August).

Any suggestions? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I'm looking at Burst media, Fastclick... I dunno.. popuptraffic.com.....any other sites? Help me here guys!! :D

L33t.ca Code Monkey,
-Mr.Oreo

No hurt in applying for them. But I don't think SI programs (popuptraffic) will allow you placing the ads on users sites, but I could be wrong.

With that many hits, you may consider applying for doubleclick or 24/7, though neither is very financially stable, they still are the highest paying I believe.

Hahahah..

Thanks guys, I'll look into those, fastclick was the best rated I could find..

hey, is there a site out there that reviews and rates advertising companies?

P.S We'll have to see about the banner exchanges!! :)

mr oreo...

My site is in the process of starting a review system & faq's about advertising companies. Look for it in the coming weeks, as i am setting up the scripts & getting feedback on different companies!

Back