• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Ads on free websites

whatevah

ok... I think there are 4 or 5 types of ads..

1. Fixed banner.. top or bottom of page
2. Popup..
3. Frame.. top or bottom
4. Text footer or header
5. user placed

now... I'm not much on web server config, but...

I'd really like it, if most of the good FWPs could switch to user placed ads...

my main question is... could the server check the html files it serves to see if the ad trigger is in the page? and if not, put the ad at the top?

I know it's pretty simple to replace <!-- AD --> with the ad, but could they check to see if it's NOT there? if they can, I assume that they could write coding to make sure that it's not hidden inside comment tags...

oh.. forgot the other question..

would you prefer a site that used user places ads (like in my post), over fixed banners?

I definately would.

If I still used free hosting, I would like that too. But it is just so easy to get around.

yeah.... I have a site that uses a banner frame, for a logo, and the banner ads kill the frameset....

so, I'd put the ad inside the <--------> area.. hehe and, I have the top frame set to no scrolling, so I'll just hide it at the bottom. :)

why can't you say -------- ?
<add>
Nevermind -------- was suppose to be the no* word. Peo, this is really lame, can you turn it off?

Hardly any free hosts let you do that and if they do, they soon crash. I currently use a host with pop-unders as the Ad.

lol... I added that a long time ago to prevent lame people to discuss how to cheat a free host. Ever read our rules at this forum...? :rolleyes:

small test

<yesframes>

I prefer no ads at all. Or if ads are a must, then a pop-behind won't hurt. I'll consider an exit-popup..

Originally posted by Peo
lol... I added that a long time ago to prevent lame people to discuss how to cheat a free host. Ever read our rules at this forum...? :rolleyes:
so we can write c*nt without it being censored but -------- isn't allowed??????

IMO this is very silly

I added the * myself

IMHO breaking the rules of this forum is very silly... ;)

Your suggestion to the censored words list has been added. I realize that there's no way to censor every single abusive word and that's not my intention either.

The no word is censored since it's abusive to our rules to post code on how to remove ads on free hosts. By simply censoring that word, we've prevented most of this abuse.

Back