• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Ads for forums

The Rock

I run a bulletin board with around 20 active members.. Can somebody recomend me a good ad program? CPM only.

Like we've said previously on this forum, it's increasingly difficult to find CPM offers for small websites. It's even harder to find CPM offers for forums from Ad Networks.

You might want to look into other areas, like Pay-Per-Click Banners or even action based CPL/CPA/CPS banners.

A similar thread, which may offer you some suggestions can be found here.

Best of luck,

i reccomend www.advertwizard.com theyve started getting busier as of late and i have a forum with about 230 members and theres normally 10-20 members on at peak times ive been getting £1-£3 a day off them lately and also there a 1:1 banner exchange intertwined, nothing comes close in my opinion

Originally posted by butty
i reccomend www.advertwizard.com theyve started getting busier as of late and i have a forum with about 230 members and theres normally 10-20 members on at peak times ive been getting £1-£3 a day off them lately and also there a 1:1 banner exchange intertwined, nothing comes close in my opinion

It seems good to me, but will they pay & do they allow banners on forum? I'm thinking of having them on my website forum.. :)

yeah buddy ive had 4 cheques off them up to now and ive only got the banners on my vb forum :D

considering i only have a small website (well compared to sum) with about 100-200 unique visitors a day to it and up to now in the 6 months ive been with them ive recieved £80 i dont think any other ad network out there can match that at the moment, and if they can i havent managed to find it n i think ive chekked in every nook n cranny lol

give em a go buddy i think youl be thanking me in the long run :)

Butty on what terms does advertwizard pay, what are their minimum payouts and when do they pay, quarterly, monthly what?
What effective cpm are you seeing with them on sold ads and on all ads including the banner exchange ones.

they pay a minimum of £20 and they pay monthly, as for stats on my ad's i couldnt give ya figures coz i dont think ya get em 2 b honest and if ya do i cant b botherd searchin for em lol. i just know that ive earned way more money with these guys than i have with anyone else and always been paid therefore id recomend em n e day

for advertwizard.com how old do you have to be? and do they require a SSN or Tax ID.... i want a sponsor but i dont wana give out that info. thanx

Advertwizard seems to accept almost any sites.
They are primiarily a 1 to 1 banner exchange that sells some inventory. They give you 50 percent of what they net on the inventory they sell and you can use the rest through the banner exchange.
They pay in UK pounds but pay via paypal I believe so that should take care of currency converstion problems.

My math might be off-base (it wouldn't be the first time), but could you please explain to me how it's possible for a 1:1 banner exchange to find any ad inventory available for sale?

If the exchange truly is 1:1, then all available inventory should obviously be filled by exchange impressions.

Last edited:
Okay. I was beginning to get really worried there upon reading that along with the supposed 1:1 exchange and revenue sharing, AdvertWizard reserve the right to use 5% of the available inventory to promote their own services.

Thankfully, a tiny clause on the FAQ highlights how all this is possible, and this makes the service far less appealing.

That is, the FAQ notes:
1:1 exchange or earn 50% revenue.
Thus, since butty is receiving cash from the firm, he/she is not participating in the banner exchange. This makes the program in question no different from any normal ad network, except that AdvertWizard arguably has less opportunity to acquire decent campaigns since their brand is unknown to the larger media buying community.

For reference, butty, could you let us know how many impressions you're delivering to the program each day to net that £1-£3?

advertwizard seems to be netting me between 0.10 and 0.20 US on all inventory. Most inventory goes to the banner exchange. They pay via paypal so that handles currency conversion from pounds to whatever currency you need.

Although stats are not that detailed it appears that revenue is generated via high over 1 pound cpm rates (1.40 US) on a small fraction of inventory. The rest goes to the banner exchange. But factoring everything it seems to net 0.10 to 0.20 cpm US and you still get lots of banner exchange credits. Searchgalore.com is a site that uses them and advertwizard serves more than 50 million impressions a month currently.

Originally posted by Czar

Thus, since butty is receiving cash from the firm, he/she is not participating in the banner exchange.

what they do is you either get a payed ad on your site which yu will get 50% of the revenue for or if they do not have any paying advert impressions then you have an impression from the 1:1 banner exchange side of it all so in effect you are both getting paid for the banners that people pay advertwizard for and when there is none then your taking part in a 1:1 banner exchange

Originally posted by butty

what they do is you either get a payed ad on your site which yu will get 50% of the revenue for or if they do not have any paying advert impressions then you have an impression from the 1:1 banner exchange side of it all so in effect you are both getting paid for the banners that people pay advertwizard for and when there is none then your taking part in a 1:1 banner exchange
Gotcha. That makes a little more sense. I just wish their website was clearer about how the system works for newbies to the concept...:confused:

Back