• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Additional 'CD Drive' on My Computer?

.Bobby

Hello guys. For the undermentioned points, please refer to the following screenshot.

30af8uc.jpg

-------------------------------------

To begin with, this 'CD Drive' has always been there virtually, though it isn't physically. I only have one DVD/CD Drive, which is 'DVD-RAM Drive (D:). I haven't experienced any problems with this previously. However, for this thread, please know that I am using an External Harddrive with my Computer (i.e 'Blank' (E:)) in the above screenshot.

When I first put my Ext. HDD into my computer, it was recognised as an (F:) drive. However, as you see above, it has changed to (E:), for some reason, or another. I need this Ext. HDD back to (F:) where it was previously, as I have many files linking to the F:/.... in my computer.

I have tried Right-Click My Computer > Manage > Storage > Disk Management > (looking to change the Drive letter back to F:). To no avail.

Anyone has any suggestions on how to remove this virtual CD Drive from my computer? Primarily releasing the use of the Drive Letter F.

Help is greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Bobby

Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management>Storage>Disk Management(Local)>Select Drive>Right Click>Change Driver letter and paths>Set E to F. Now it should be F all the time it's on your PC.

That was what I did. F is being used by 'CD Drive', thus i'm unable to select it.

I have tried Right-Click My Computer > Manage > Storage > Disk Management > (looking to change the Drive letter back to F:). To no avail.

Have you installed an application such as Daemon Tools? That will create a virtual CD-Rom drive. Some CD Writer applications can also do this so I'd also check the settings for those.

Change the drive letter on the CD ROM drive to say X and then you should be able to change the HDD back to F.

My Computer doesn't recognize the 'CD Drive' in Disk Management , thus i'm unable to change the letters or anything like that. Though it's shown in My Computer. This is seen in the above screenshot.

[JSH]John: I do have Daemon Tools Lite installed on my computer, PowerISO, and the recently uninstalled Alocohol 120% - which has since been uninstalled.

Do I need to remove all those aforementioned programs?

EDIT: Nero Express too.

Yeah. DT is what's making it. I thought you'd have Daemon Tools installed. Go to the taskbar icon and select the number of logical drivers > 0.

Back