• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

ad_bot mod in IPB

aaditya

Have some body seen that ad_bot mod for Vbulletin? The one who posts an adsense ad automatically as a reply if a new topic is started.

I was in search of that thing for my IPB forum. Mark my word, that is not available. So i coded one for myself, as demonstrated in my forum (see signatiure for the link).

This will defenitely boost your revenue. Coz the ad within the posts will defenitely has a much more exposure (both time and space) than anything else in a forum.

If u need to mod your IPB, contact me.

Not Sure If I Could Post It But Here It Is Enjoy
Code:
<if condition="$post[postcount] == 1">
<if condition="$bbuserinfo[usergroupid] == 1 || $bbuserinfo[usergroupid] == 2 || $bbuserinfo[usergroupid] == 6">
<center>
***** PLACE YOUR ADSENSE CODE HERE *****
<br>
<if condition="$bbuserinfo[usergroupid] == 2"><span class="smallfont">These ads suck... Why dont you become a <a href="http://www.your-domain.com/donating-members">donating member</a>?</span><br></if>
</center>
</if>
</if>
Place this in your postbit or postbit_legacy template, at the VERY BOTTOM.

The first if statement will place that ad below the first post in showthread.

The second if statement will show ads to all in thoes usergroups. I have it set to show ads to guests, registered members, and admins. My donating members and moderators dont see the ads.

The third if statement is only shown to my registered members. Its a reminder for them to donate to the forums and become ad free.

I don't know how effective the ad bot is, but the look of it isn't professional, and as a forum user, I'd think twice before joining a forum that would place an ad in all threads (unless said forum was offering something that would be worth the bother).

Thus, any paid services or regular forum should definitely consider other options.

Last edited:
I am looking to have it only for non-registered members in the hope they will register.

The days of everything being free are almost over. You need to expect some ads on a site and if you are one of the ones that blcoks even banner ads then dont cry one day when you goto a site and see nothing until you pay them to view it.

I am looking to have it only for non-registered members in the hope they will register.

That doesn't sound like a bad idea.

The days of everything being free are almost over. You need to expect some ads on a site and if you are one of the ones that blcoks even banner ads then dont cry one day when you goto a site and see nothing until you pay them to view it.

I don't remember anything ever being free.

Back