• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Ad-Free Free Host

deano17

Hi,
I want to start a website and I need a host.
The host must have:
-no ads
-50mb or more
-php/cgi/mysql
-at least 2 mysql databases
-subdomain or support for a uni.cc domain either will work
-cpanel

The site will have a forum, maybe a blog and a few other things.
If anyone can host me or knows of a host that can please PM me/reply to this thread or email me at bobtheeraser15@earthlink.net.
Thanks

Errm, 000k's got all of that except for the 2 MySQL databases for free. If you could do with just one MySQL database somehow, I'd go with them

You might try http://www.illusionfxnet.com However, they tend to be a little choosy on who they take, but if you describe your site to them very well, there's a decent chance of getting some of the best free hosting around.

Twisted Reality said:
Hi,
I want to start a website and I need a host.
The host must have:
-no ads
-50mb or more
-php/cgi/mysql
-at least 2 mysql databases
-subdomain or support for a uni.cc domain either will work
-cpanel

The site will have a forum, maybe a blog and a few other things.
If anyone can host me or knows of a host that can please PM me/reply to this thread or email me at bobtheeraser15@earthlink.net.
Thanks
We've got everything on your list and more except CPanel -- However,
we have Plesk which is much better anyway.

i tried a second time and signed up for lead to get the /username account and i got the comfirming email and it said my website was http:// and it didn't have anything after it.

If you check this forum, you will find couple of good host who can provide you hosting for subdomain or .uni.cc.

In case you want a top level domain hosting (like .com, .net, .us .co.uk etc), palhost.com can sponsor your site for free.

Twisted Reality said:
i tried a second time and signed up for lead to get the /username account and i got the comfirming email and it said my website was http:// and it didn't have anything after it.
Well there is your #1 biggest mistake. Don't ever attempt to resubmit
an application at Clubhost or you will be permanently banned!

If you get rejected, you need to contact support@clubhost.us for
more information and re-consideration. Do not submit a new application!

The application status system will tell you exactly why you were rejected.

==================================================
EDIT: Nevermind. I did a check to see why you were rejected ...

Your first application was rejected on 8-14-2004 8:58 PM because
you lied about your name, location, birthday, and phone number
on your hosting application.

Instead of contacting us to correct your own stupidity (and we are
somewhat forgiving on things like that if you correct your mistake),
you proceeded to submit four more applications each with entirely
new false names, locations, birthdays, and phone numbers for each
and every application.

That's definitely a case of stupid gets stupider! :biggrin2:

At this point, any chance for reconsideration is thrown completely
out the window and your initial rejection has been made permanent
so there is little I can do for you now.

Last edited:
That's definitely a case of stupid gets stupider!

I agree about the phone and birthday etc. It's pretty useless. Also the street/name. If there are problems you can get those with the isp.
Besides that, I think the guys at clubhost seem to be rather rude. Maybe their hosting is good, but I think some of their ways of dealing with what they find annoyances can definately improve.

A signup form (or emails or other means of communication) where rules and responsibilities are agreed on, constitute an agreement - whether or not the services are paid for.

Entering into one with false identity is per ce a civil/criminal felony in most parts of the western world.

Before bashing the host(s), have some basic clue.

/Kartsa

Defending a point can be done in a polite way, without having to throw in things like 'stupidty' or 'have some basic clue', which are unnecessary. Although people can ofcourse sign up with a host that asks peoples shoesize and flame people, some, including me, think the service would be better without those. This has nothing to do with bashing a host.

Even though I just got here and it probably isn't any of my business, I have to agree with dissursion. There are better ways of telling someone why they were rejected, and saying that a host is rude is not bashing.

Anyway, This is just me, but I wouldn't choose clubhost. They forbid the upload of WAV and EXE files. For understandable reasons of course, but there are plenty of better hosts out there. I wish you luck Twisted Reality.

cococomics said:
Anyway, This is just me, but I wouldn't choose clubhost. They forbid the upload of WAV and EXE files. For understandable reasons of course, but there are plenty of better hosts out there. I wish you luck Twisted Reality.
YOU ARE 100% ABSOLUTELY WRONG! WE DO INDEED ALLOW WAV AND
EXE FILES ON OUR FREE ACCOUNTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unlike the other hosts floating around here, we actually allow
every file format in existance on some of our account classes
with no file type nor filesize restrictions whatsoever!

EXE, WAV, ZIP, RAR, and MP3 file formats and more are permitted!

Each account class operates under totally different TOS Policies ..

Our Lead and Bronze accounts do not allow any audio, video, or any
kind of archive file type file format. Apparently, you were looking
at the TOS page for these account classes.

Our Silver and Silver-II accounts do not allow any kind of video or
streaming multimedia format but it DOES allow MP3, EXE, ZIP, RAR,
and WAV files (although we prefer you make everything MP3).

Our Gold and Platinum accounts have no file type restrictions whatsoever.

Why da hell do u need those . do u send birthday presents

o c'mon guys , no one's bashing da host here .. jus jokez
everyone knows clubhost is da best n they know it too ..

btw amz , do you allow applications from India .. coz one of my friends signed up & he got rejected . he gets something like " closed location " kinda message ..

anyways i recommend clubhost.us to everyone, if u r accepted , then its a rare chance that u'll need to switch hosts again ..

Da $ingh

Last edited:
Back