• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Ace of openbb leaves iansoft

igowoofwoof

Allriiiiiiiiiight!

Ace has left, and gone to here to set up with a few others. He will release openbb rc3 and final. Now i really have to say, that as the releases are coming quciker, i'm gonna go obb.

I think that this way, things will be much better now for the opennBB comunity. Ace seems a cool guy.

There are too many BBs at the moment

IBoard , phpbb2 and vB ... wipe all the rest out :biggrin2:

OpenBB is very nice I must say. With final approaching, it'll ROCK SOOOO MUCH and totally blow away phpBB2 as time goes on. It rocks. And Ace (Lindy) is a very good friend of mine and he rocks. :) WOOT

-Kyle

Originally posted by Kylecool
OpenBB is very nice I must say. With final approaching, it'll ROCK SOOOO MUCH and totally blow away phpBB2 as time goes on. It rocks. And Ace (Lindy) is a very good friend of mine and he rocks. :) WOOT

-Kyle
I disagree totally. I think a lot of people will back me up on this.

Originally posted by cheatpark

But was ikonboard good? I think we can expect something very similar to ikonboard. For the first release anyway.

Its supposed to be more...simple

PHPBB2 isn't so nice after all. OpenBB wasn't split into two in the first place. It's only continued by another developer.

Hah! I laugh at you people. If I were to come here a few months earlier, I bet that nobody would have even CONSIDERED phpBB to be on the "boards that we must keep." After all, phpBB absolutely SUCKED back then (it still sucks, IMO, but not as much)! However, they got better. And there's no reason why we can't expect that from any of the other boards out there.

In My Opinion = I:M:O

Phpbb is ugly.. can't you people see that??
It has good features but... it is ugly!
WBB 1 is the one to go :)
It has to be an attractive board.. just like an attractive website.. or attractive woman... :D
I mean you can have the cake and eat it to !!!:angry2:
Let's be Real for a moment... I see that people claim that phpbb is the best.. when I enter their site... almost max 10 post & max 12 member ??!
how's that for a community?? húgh??
Ikonboard sucks... It is to - s l o w -

Re: In My Opinion = I:M:O

Originally posted by olle
I see that people claim that phpbb is the best.. when I enter their site... almost max 10 post & max 12 member ??!
WTF?

Where you getting those numbers from. They have thousands of members at both their forums (http://phpbb.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/) and at the phpBB MODs forum (http:/mods.phpbb.com)

The phpBB community can easily be considered the best as was proven by the poll recently.

Now c'mon. Why would wBB be trying to rip phpBB's design if it wasn't any good?

Re: Re: In My Opinion = I:M:O

Originally posted by Bruce

Now c'mon. Why would wBB be trying to rip phpBB's design if it wasn't any good?
C'mon, since when did WBB want to copy phpbb? Only 1 (subsequently banned) was made.

Back