• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

[ABUSE] How do you handle it?

When I was doing free hosting I found that there was alot of abusers. Simply do what I did, Suspend, and if no reply by a certain date terminate all the suspended users.

One thing for catching them out is running crons or checking on them in root, or going into there cpanels and searching that way.

Another way is going to http://youdomain.com/~theirusername

This will show you what scripts they are publically using. Then if you suspect that they are using a nulled script email the maker to check they are liscenced. Then suspend them. Then ask for proof as you have reason to belive that they dont have a liscence.

Thats the way I did it

Good Luck in your venture.

When I was doing free hosting I found that there was alot of abusers. Simply do what I did, Suspend, and if no reply by a certain date terminate all the suspended users.

One thing for catching them out is running crons or checking on them in root, or going into there cpanels and searching that way.

This will show you what scripts they are publically using. Then if you suspect that they are using a nulled script email the maker to check they are liscenced. Then suspend them. Then ask for proof as you have reason to belive that they dont have a liscence.

Thats the way I did it

Did you have any good clients?

This would be good if you just had a few accounts. I am talking about if you had
accounts into the 100's or 1000's, of course if I had that many, I probably would
be on a dedicated server...but even 100 accounts, that would be something to
have to go through each one of them daily... did you ever get email complaints?

Did you have any good clients? - Socheaphost was one, then he upgraded :)

I had 200 accounts on a vps, this took about a day to check, but if you provide free hosting you had to be prepared to do this. On a vps its much easyier with ConfigServer Explorer.

I went through each one of them, one by one, it what you had to do.

Did you ever get any complaints? - Yes I did, Several but its something you have to take, I decided to take out a no swearing policy, which was if they decided to swear at an support or sales agent there account would be imediatly terminated after a warning about the language.

Simply we deal with abuse the same way as mentioned above, suspend the account in question and email them with reasons stating the suspension and state a deadline when the account will be terminated if no response is given.

Our team also break the accounts up into sections ie 1-50 done by staff a 51-100 by staff b which this greatly reduces the time in scouring the accounts for nulled or suspicious files.

But having said that, for ever abuser there is 10 good client and vice versa its just luck what crowd you attract.

I always before setting up an account perform a quick google search to find out about theyre background etc, can work sometimes others not.

It brought up a brazillian hacker though which was stopped.

I basically ban them for a month or never allow them to use my service ever again. Giving them a second chance or warning can always lead them to another suspension and it will always keep on.

Trust me, it gets annoying.

Thats the way I did it

I happen to do the same thing, even with 100 account's I seem to get threw them pretty fast, another way I check is high bandwidth that makes my eyes go in their direction most of the time, but other than 1 or 2 issues, I have not had any major problems. Then again I may have one tomorrow you never know these days.

The only abusive account I have had was someone sign up with the domain click2pay.cz.cc . The domain never pointed to my nameservers and nothing was uploaded. But what would you do with that domain except phishing?

It's funny.. people think just the free host users are the abusers.

Have you seen how many free web hosts abuse their customers?

I agree.. it's probably less likely, but it still happens a lot these days. Easy way for people to get data.

As for abuse... set some policies.

I agree.. it's probably less likely, but it still happens a lot these days. Easy way for people to get data.

i get a lot these abusers and always headache about the complaints i received
lol
especially nulled scripts complaints

Wow..

Someone gave me some rep...says "you suck"

Yes.. I suck for backing up users, who are abused by some hosts.

Can I have a link to said for sale thread?
I finally had it taken down, after I provided proof of domain ownership. Visit DigitalPoint Forums.

If your also with ParadoxServers... then keep a look out if you have a BIG forum or website. Your data may get stolen and used without you knowing.

I found out when some random person (a buyer) emailed my from my forums, and asked about the sale. I had no idea what the hell was going on... he sent me a link and I was shocked.

All I can say... I won't ever be hosting for free anymore. I rather pay and know a reputable company wouldn't do something like what I went through.... It's just a shock that free hosts would take advantage of it's users these days.

But, lets get this topic back on track.
If you or anyone else wants more info, feel free to PM me. Let's not break the rules and wreck a thread here.

I send host ninja assassins....

No there's not much you can do but delete there account when you find out. No point blocking there IP as they will only come back with a proxy.

Or just unplug their modem and plug it back in, gets me a new ip every time. All you end up doing is blocking others if they use dynamic ips

So so true, Would be nice if the free user respected that its free and not to abuse it but that will only happen when hell friezes over.

:evilb: <-- Needs killing (Joke) HAHA ?

Still silly you guys waste your time.
Best way:
Buy a server in a good datacenter,
Wait for complaints to come in.
Deal with it when its reported.

Thats all you really have to do by law.

ParadoxServers.net is a host that will fail, it dont take a smart guy to realize its gonna go under and it has no way to ever make a profit.

Last edited:
Still silly you guys waste your time.
Best way:
Buy a server in a good datacenter,
Wait for complaints to come in.
Deal with it when its reported.

Thats all you really have to do by law.

ParadoxServers.net is a host that will fail, it dont take a smart guy to realize its gonna go under and it has no way to ever make a profit.

I don't really understand why you think I will fail, but to each his own.

Back