• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

AandMHosting Review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abush

DP MAC SC UC...
NLC
I feel like I need to write a review for all the stuff I went through and am still going through with A&M Hosting. I know in the past couple of weeks I've been here and there looking for a VPS and all and I found A&M Hosting from one of my requests. We set up a custom account and made my payment instantly to get setup. Ordered the plan on Sep 14. I recieved steps for setting up my VPS and everything the next day. I tried to follow directions and set the account up but I didn't recieve a valid cPanel liscense and I was stressing the whole day. I came up here and started a thread on my problem and some of you guys helped me figure out what the problem was. I sent A&M a message and they finally activated my cPanel on Sep 18th. It was a rocky start but I thought it was just going to be that.
Once I was able to log into cPanel and WHM, I tried setting things up with a friend of mine. A lot of things were going wrong from the start. Services where not working the way they were supposed to, there were dummy accounts that wouldn't let me set up a real account, the second IP was not added to my VPS, etc... My friend (who runs his own dedicated for the past 3 years) worked on the VPS for over 6 hours trying to set it up right. We made progress but couldn't still stop the services from taking a random dive. At around midnight of Sep. 18 I sent A&M a message telling them about my situation. I have yet to hear a reply to this message. I've sent him about 4 email messages and 3 PMs on FWS asking for a refund and there is no reply of any sort. On sep 19th, I started another thread requesting for a vps and to my surprise I recieved a message from A&M hosting saying
Hello,

Would you like us to set everything up for you?
I sent him a message telling him to check his email and that's the last I've heard from him.
I believe A&M Hosting is a one man ship. I think he just takes people's money and lets them suffer afterwards. I want my money BACK NOW!!
Because of him I might need to extend my shared hosting by a month till I find another VPS. This is costing me too much money and making me get too stressed. Thanks for making me 10 years older in less than a week A&M!
THOSE THAT ARE THINKING OF GETTING SERVICES FROM HIM STAY AWAY. FAR AWAY

abush said:
I want my money BACK NOW!!

Good luck with that, i dont know if you will get your money back when no one is replying to you.

But whats their website url i am not sure if i heard of them before.

Hello,

You have submitted 0 tickets, and have sent 0 emails to any of the listed addresses on the site. I do not check pm's which is why i always state in my posts to email us. This matter would have already been resolved if you would have contacted us directly. I will notify our sales team to issue you a refund (our Return Policy states that we do not issue refunds for Custom Plans). We have been open for 2 months and have 500 clients (Shared, Dedicated, and VPS) and counting. We are not a one man shop but I do not want to make this into a debate.

Side Note:

You are our only client that has had any problems setting up cPanel on your VPS, if you would have contacted us we would have been able to assist you. I setup a ticket asking you if you needed help after i saw your thread, you did not respond. The cPanel license we outsource for we do not have a NOC license with cPanel which is where that miscommunication took place. Your license was active 9/16 I have the OG invoice infront of me. You in no way attempted to actually contact the company or myself personally.

Thank You,
Josh

Last edited:
A&M Hosting said:
We have been open for 2 months and have 500 clients (Shared, Dedicated, and VPS) and counting.

Wow, I must say that is impressive. One thing that I must say though is could you make it so that you don't open a new window everytime you click on a link? That really annoys me :p, sorry for being off topic. Heh.

Last edited:
computerhelpworld said:
Wow, I must say that is impressive. One thing that I must say though is could you make it so that you don't open a new window everytime you click on a link? That really annoys me :p, sorry for being off topic. Heh.
It annoys me as well, the site is being redesigned to eliminate the flash header which is why we really havent done anything with it. You arent the first one to comment on that. :beer: :lol:

A&M Hosting said:
Hello,

You have submitted 0 tickets, and have sent 0 emails to any of the listed addresses on the site. I do not check pm's which is why i always state in my posts to email us.
Here is an email I sent on "Mon, 18 Sep 2006 20:44:22 -0700 (PDT)"
Subject: "URGENTserver help needed"
To: " "Support" <support@aandmhosting.com>"
Hello,
Today my friend and I set out to get the new VPS setup for running my website. We encountered numerous problems and even found ourselves adding the 2nd IP addres BY HAND into HyperVM. The server is unstable, mail is unusable, and my time is valuable, so I am requesting that you look over this VPS and set it up for me to the point I can host my websites because at this time I am not able to receive and send emails, and WHM reports that various services keep failing, especially exim and cpsrvd; We have attempted to restart exim by hand multiple times and it keeps failing, I have also disabled spamassin but that doesn’t help.

My friend and I will attempt some other things here and there but I am looking for you to fix this because we have no idea where to begin since we cannot even keep services running smoothly. Thank you for your time and your quick response.
If you do not check PMs why did you send me a private message asking whether or not I wanted you to set my VPS up? The vps was nowhere near where it should be by the time I got it. Where have you been at? You're replying to things way too late. You might want to figure out why you're not recieving my emails if you TRUELY didn't recieve the email I sent you.
Don't try to tell me I didn't send you any emails at all. I sent an email about the cPanel issue and you resolved that, so how come all of a sudden you cant get other emails? If I'm the only client that complained then you must only have one client or you must be offering them a special deal.

I am scrolling through outlook right now, and there is no message from you so I do not know what happened, I apologize we honestly did not receive it. As I have said I have set a notice for the refund and it will be sent to you tomorrow during our regular business hours. We hope that you have better luck with your next provider.

Thank You,
Josh Anderson

I feel cheated man. If you're being honest with me and didn't recieve anything I dont know what to say about that because I've sent two from my yahoo email and two more from your online form. As much as I hated to start this thread I had no choice. I didn't want others to feel the way I did over the past couple of weeks. Looking for a VPS was tough enough and dealing with a problem that couldn't be solved is even worse. The least you guys can do is create a couple of IMs and give them out as support methods. Your site claims to have support via a ticket, live chat, or email,
A&M Hosting offers 24/7/365
support via our ticket, live chat, or email systems.
but I only see two ways to contact you instantly and that's through email or your form on the site. The phone number you had up a bit ago didn't even work. Right now nothing will change what happened to me but be better prepared for your other customers.
A&M Hosting said:
I am scrolling through outlook right now, and there is no message from you so I do not know what happened, I apologize we honestly did not receive it. As I have said I have set a notice for the refund and it will be sent to you tomorrow during our regular business hours. We hope that you have better luck with your next provider.

Thank You,
Josh Anderson

James: thanks. I hope what I found is the right one. So far very great.

The live support was via telephone, which we are having a problem with our phone systems that you found out, which is why it is taken off the site for the time being. We do have a ticket system, if you log into the members area it is 1 click away. But no need to stretch this out further then needed, your refund has been issued and we wish you luck with your next host.

The live support was via telephone, which we are having a problem with our phone systems that you found out, which is why it is taken off the site for the time being. We do have a ticket system, if you log into the members area it is 1 click away. But no need to stretch this out further then needed, your refund has been issued and we wish you luck with your next host.

Thank you sir. That was all I wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back