• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

AAARGH!!! Can't access my website host on my laptop!!!

Cracker

-
NLC
Man, I thought I would not have website updating problems this time around with my new website, http://www.rpmswavs.com/ , since I've decided to just pay for hosting this time around -- I am using http://www.2wdhost.com/ . However, ever since around 6:40 PM CST yesterday (1/6/08), I have been unable to access my website or 2wdhost directly from my laptop. It seems to have problems only with the 2wdhost server, and I have been able to access my website through a proxy server, so it's not a problem on the host's end. My internet provider cannot find any problems either. Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this? If so, what could the problem be?

The firewall that they have....might of banned you by accident. Give them your IP Address so that you can get unbanned.

Yes, I did e-mail them about that last night, and they have yet to get back to me on that. I'll probably find out later if that was it.

works for me when i click the link. nameserver changes normally take only about 15 minutes, but, could take up to 48 hours sometimes. rare, but, it happens.

Well, as grabyourhosting thought, my IP address was banned by accident. I was using Windows Explorer to FTP my files shortly before my access was cut off, and I was uploading several changed "index.html" files, and for some weird reason, it kept asking for my password when it uploaded to a new directory, so I just clicked "Cancel," and the files still uploaded okay, but I guess those registered on the host as failed login attempts, resulting in an automatic ban. I guess that's the last time I use Windows Explorer to FTP my site's files. The host fixed the problem, and I can now access my site again :).

Last edited:
Back