• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

a Malaysia chinese boy asked for help ! would u help him ?

velton

Trionaxos
NLC
hi, to all webmaster, server owner, networking guyz from around th world ! am been stay here around couple months ago..and now..i needed someone can tell me ( or help me ) which the best domain hosting !

i had a cTLD which http://grafixz.net.my ! and i need some domain hosting ! which is the best ?? i request ::

No ad
Ftp
5 pop3 ( including smtp server )
fews email forwarding
50mb - 100mb
Fast server ( i don think i can get it )

thankz you very much !

Last edited:
is that web100 givimg me a pop3 and smtp server under my domain ?? (velton@grafixz.net.my )

mmmm

I think Fateback is slow and web1000 doesn't accept traffic from Asian. But you can try sign up with web1000.
My firned built his site in indonesian languange and host his domain with web1000. Until now we can still view the site :D

is that web100 givimg me a pop3 and smtp server under my domain ?? (velton@grafixz.net.my )
and i need cgi or php too !

Web1000 give you free board (yabb) when you sign up with them. And also give you email but not pop email

uhm, if you dont mind waiting for a bit, you can wait for section5.net to open again. Michael, the server admin, doesnt know when it should be open again.

Dont bother PM'ing me, just cause i am admin on their forum. Signups will open when they open.

X- Istence, sure i'll wait if they a good server !
but can i just host on another server while section 5 is not ready yet ?
cause i need that , and section5 not sure the date yet !

how long should i wait for the section5.net ?
i had already register a nick there..but i'cant post anything..
my nick is velton ~!

a Malaysia chinese boy asked for help ! would u help him ?

LOL, for some reason, that title sounds like one of those "morality" questions that girls often play. Like: "A man dropped his wallet on the sidewalk containing $50. Would you help him?" :p

Anyway, I don't think there are any public hosts that give you no-ads and POP3 accounts at the same time. Especially not with something like 50 MB +...

Thankz Sarathb !

conkermaniac : yea..i know ..but its very expensive to get bout a server in malaysia..cost me Rm400 something !
i only affort to get a domain ! Rm150 - cTLD

Originally posted by velton
Thankz Sarathb !

conkermaniac : yea..i know ..but its very expensive to get bout a server in malaysia..cost me Rm400 something !
i only affort to get a domain ! Rm150 - cTLD

A server only costs Rm400? Where can I get servers for that cheap? :confused: I want one too! ;)

Rm150 - cTLD

Since when MyNIC lets an individual register for a *.my domain? They won't let you, and if they found out that you are using a proxy to register the domain, the domain will be confiscated. And the fees should be only RM100 per year.

A server only costs Rm400? Where can I get servers for that cheap? I want one too!

No such thing in Malaysia. All I see costs more than RM1000/month, if we talking about dedicated servers here.

From a disgruntled Malaysian who thinks that MyNIC are ruled by dictators!!!

well..i just looking for a normal host..not dedicated servers, okie !

bout .my domain, its for my company ! so i get the roc !

if you dont need large php and perl (forums, phpnuke, etc.) i can host you temporary. I havent got my faster connection yet, and php and cgi slow it down cause i have 3 php based sites already and its getting slower :(

thank for ur offer raz0r, but i need a long time domain host..not temporary host. :)
anyway..thank u very much ~! u r very kind ~

it depends if your site dont kill my server, i can host it permently. im just saying if its resource hogging, im going to need the money for a faster connection or it will be a little slow. and i can offer no ads but in the future i may need to have user placalbe banners to pay for it. and i only have a 5domain limit on my account. i already got 3 and i know im going to add another. right now i can give you 100mb space, frontpage 2002 extensions, php, mysql, cgi, asp, access, and ensim admin panel. If you want to give it a try email me.

To answer the question when I'll reopen a limited amount of signups:

I'll be accepting about 50 signups at the end of next week (Thursday or Friday) on an Ensim based server. Just have to wait for the DNS to propagate and I have to go off for a few days next week (Monday - Thursday) on a school project to study the impact of shipping on the marine environment :yawn:

Fast server?

Celeron 1.7 GHZ
512 MB ram
60 GIG 7200 RPM harddrive
Server is with UnitedColo.com, looks like it's on a 10 MBIT port, meaning it can burst to about 1.3 MB/s incoming and outgoing.
Bandwidth is multihomed with a preference for PAIX.

I don't discriminate against race as you'll find a fair number of current users to be asian.

Regards.

Back