• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

a lot of bandwidth for very little cash

findftp

Can somebody help,.. it's about bandwidth

Hello,

I own a meta searchengine with about 30,000 hits a day, sometimes when I post my website in a messageboard I get 70,000 hits a day (note that these are hits and no uniques). This is because people can't stop searching at my website.
That's also the reason I use a lot of bandwidth because the results that are sent to the visitor, are taken from another website and filtered.

At the moment I am with http://powweb.com, I was searching at my own website when I saw their advertisment on my website (now that's funny,.. at least I think it is)
I signed up for $7,77/month and got hosted by them. After 2 months I got the message that I was using way too much bandwidth and I was going to be deleted. I disabled my website for a while and after that I removed the previous and next buttons to decrease the bandwidth to stay with them till I have a new host.

They said that I used about 27 gigs/month so I'm looking for 40-50gigs/month for something like $32/month
I saw something interesting at www.tera-byte.com but also discovered http://www.championhost.com. They have some packages. Their 'gold-plan' has 700 MB of webspace with 30 gigs of traffic for $22.95/month. Their 'platinum plan' got unlimited discspace and unlimited bandwidth for $28.95/month.
Because they offer different plans with fixed bandwidth and webspace I almost believe that their 'platinum plan' is real. But I don't believe in 'unlimited' any more.

Can somebody give some comment on that?
Maybe you know another good host?

Thank you,

Michiel

Last edited:
I'd second the dedicated server comment. If you are sending off that many queries to that many search engines and then delivering the page back to the viewer you must go through quite a bit of bandwidth. Tera-Byte seems to be highly recommend on this board and others.

Rather then use one of their Raq's I personally believe you would be better off with a colocated server but that could be debated both ways.

Thanks for all the reply's
I got myself an account at tera-byte.com (40 gigs/month $27/month)

(off topic)
At the moment I need a good website layout without frames. Can somebody do it for free? Or maybe for $50

It is just one welcome page without many pictures (because of the bandwidth) and the page with the search results.

Well, I'm not verry good at design, but I can always make it. Need php or something? If you can give me something in return, I'll be glad to di it.

Back