• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

A humble little host.

gizmostripe

Looking at the amazing offers i see here, i do doubt that this post may make some kind of impact, but what the heck. :)

I offer 50Mb of free, do anything webspace, with a lot of server techs you wouldnt normally see co-existing very well, (but i managed to do it ;) ), aulthough you need to register at the forum and apply. I am not a strange old man with a cactus lodged up his backside and will accept most requests.

Aulthough its almost no limits, i do have a disclaimer stating that i cannot be held responsible for the content you host, and if anyone sues me you know whos door i'll be knocking on :p

But what people need are statistics and here they are:

50 Mb Space
3 Gb of bandiwdth a month
ASP, PHP, Perl Supported
MySQL, MS-Access Supported
FTP Uploading, and soon a control panel.
99.9% uptime.

Now some may say its not a lot, but this is managed soley by me and 2 other people and we provide a personal service with all of us having extensive knowlege of the server languages. And have a direct control over everything (we dont use a control panel, we administer there and then on the pc directly, if we are not there we use a VNC tool to remote connect and administer as a second desktop)

So if youre interested: http://freestyle.bounceme.net/forum/

Simply sign up and apply for space, please read the discalimers too ;)

Thanks for your time.

Is This Hosted On A Home Cable Connection or A Server?

BTW Its not that bad of an offer at all!

Hm...

In a coulea words, yes and no ;)

It is directly run by us at home, but the server is on a asynchronous fast ethernet link, it costs a bomb but we make money on other envdeavours instead ;) (no not doin drugs) :p

So we felt like if we had the time and patience we can set up and manage a great service.

Hope that dosent put you off :p

youll see me soon...

EDIT::
Failed sending email ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 225
File : D:\Public FTP\Personal Sites\forum\includes\emailer.php

fix that

Ahh thanks for that :D i never noticed as i didnt have to sign up.

Thanks for telling me :D

Now....wheres my smtp address....

Re: Hm...

Originally posted by gizmostripe
In a coulea words, yes and no ;)

It is directly run by us at home, but the server is on a asynchronous fast ethernet link, it costs a bomb but we make money on other envdeavours instead ;) (no not doin drugs) :p

So we felt like if we had the time and patience we can set up and manage a great service.

Hope that dosent put you off :p

You can tell what OS is used? and the Upload and Download Velocity? :D

Thanks

lol, ok velocity is a good word.

downstream: 75mbs, upstream: 50mbs (a leased uk line)

Aulthoug may not seem a lot, it handles pretty darn well.

The details are on the main page. ;)

Thanks

Ok doki, mail problem fixed (hopefully)

if anyone signs up and gets the mail send error please tell me.

Thanks again for notifying me ;)

Well, i have to say 2 thinks... i want to test your server (if you give me an account)...

and, why you dont install Linux Red Hat 7.2 or 9 (the one i am using:D ) and you then can offer a Great Free Cpanel :D

Tell me:p

ah 2 questions i both have answers too.

1. Yes you can test my server, but you must request space like everyone else. No one gets priority ;)

2. Why? Because i find it far easier to manage with windows xp, and aulthough linux may be the way. Im not ready to move platforms. Apache is good but annoying to get many languages to co-operate.

I hope this helps

ok, lets cut the crap, you are on a blueyonder cable line (max 2mb ) you page isn't on centrephix1.freestyle.bounceme.net (bounceme.net is a no-ip.com domain)

your ip is pc-62-30-39-253-wi.blueyonder.co.uk

blueyonder isn't owned by zen internet or whatever AND if you were on a Zen line your hostname would be something along the lines of 123-12-11-11.zen.co.uk

so please cut the crap and be honest people on this forum aren't stupid

edit - your upload is probably 25-30kb/s

Ok crap cut.

Look my problem is is that everyone judges me and my quality on my speed and pc, whatever and to be honest it totally P!sses me off.

Im fed up of trying to get accepted as a "good" host and been forum to forum to ask and by being honest, and all i get is total crap from the other users, disrespecting me becouse of this.

So i decided to try again and this time see how people react to this, and lo and behold inundated with hits, its great, finally something went right for me.

I guess being nice to other users dosent work nowadays. its always bandwidth, speed, statistics.

Well i'll leave u be now as i know that no one will visit again becouse of the sh!tty link speed and the crappy pc, so there i go again. Trying to find someweher where i may be accepted as one of these "good" hosts.

Thank you for your time.

my friend, every boy and his dog is doing a host off there bb connection these days, there is nothing wrong with it all you gotta be is honest... i myself run a host off my pc on my 512k connection

Thanks, im terribly sorry for the outburst i did, oops its just i thought id been rejected again.

Dont worry i dont randomly flip during customer service ;)

Sorry again, its just that most other forums are cold and demand the latest everything. I guess ive found a guenuine good place.

Enjoy ma hosting too :p

btw hows your hosting going?

my little server is doing an absolutely brilliant job, working as a small-time hosting server and a test server to help me build up my skills.

it is
1.7GHz
128Mb Ram
512kB Broadband Connection (30kB/s upload to the server from other users capable of uploading at that speed)

It is mainly for hotlinking pictures (my friend runs a big gaming community and he uses it to store game pictures etc), it is also good because I can make files readily availible (say if someone is behind a firewall and unable to receive files on MSN - wham on the server and they can get it)

It seems like we can't get this through to some hosts. In both hosting offers forums these extra rules apply:

3. Web hosts are not allowed to reply to another web hosts thread

Back