• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

A Good host supporting....

Azazel00

Hi there ppl.. nice forum you got here..

Anyways, Im looking for a host that would support
-PHP
-MySQL
-CGI
-ASP

I would rather have about 100 MB of storage, and Bandwidth is really up to the host.. and the price: well im not looking for a 1$ host, but its not like i have 30$/m..

Could you please suggest some hosts that would fit this description? If you have any comments on their service, etc. please feel free to post them too..

Thanks in Advance! :)

BTW: Is netfirms a good host or you would not recommend it?

Is ASP a must? I'm just wondering, because most offers you will get will be on linux servers, and ASP doesn't run so well on linux. :confused:

Well, to be honest the reason why i asked for PHP, CGI, MySQL and ASP is because apart from hosting the site im creating, im looking forward to learning those... but, to be honest ASP is one of the last in my list... so, no, its not a must...

beside, for learning ASP i can run a webserver here...

I have tried chili ASP, halcon and apache ASP, they all just don't seem reliable enough for me, but thats just my opinion :)

ChilliSoft and iASP are fine for running ASP on Unix. Apache ASP only supports ASP coded in Perl or JS and won't run Access.

Hint: PHP rocks. :D

Originally posted by NexDog
ChilliSoft and iASP are fine for running ASP on Unix. Apache ASP only supports ASP coded in Perl or JS and won't run Access.

Hint: PHP rocks. :D

Yeah, PHP is waaaay better....

Oh yeah....php is king for sure.

Every system I use that is coded in asp is sloooooow. E.g. Paysytems and Enom. ;)

To get this back on topic:
Fluid Hosting provides virtual and dedicated web hosting on FreeBSD Unix and Windows to deploy dynamic e-commerce sites with shopping cart, SSL, ASP, .NET, PHP, PEAR, Perl and cgi using MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL databases.
There are a few that seem to recommend http://www.fluidhosting.com/

Hello,

i just wanna know what pear is :confused:

Fluidhosting is a top class webhost , the use Internap for bandwidth and are colocated in a Internap NOC ( http://www.internap.com ) ... InterNAP providers them with connectivity to 9 different backbones : UUnet, ATT, Sprint, Verio, Cable and Wireless, BBN/Genuity, Global Crossings, QWest, and Digex.

Fluidhosting also uses H-sphere which i like alot and has mysql , pop3 and http on different servers which all have SCSI harddrives.

Top top host,

i'm sure bruce wont mind me giving his url as he is hosted on fluidhosting

http://www.thaportal.com

Thanks,
Carl

Last edited:
Originally posted by MN-Carl
InterNAP providers them with connectivity to 8 different backbones such as UUNET , Sprint , Level3 ...

Hi MyAcen, thank you for your nice words regarding us. I'm very delighted to see a host to be so open minded and objective regarding other host.

The purpose of my post is to get things straight regarding InterNAP's providers. I hope it's not seen as a way of self-advertising ourselves.

InterNAP has a connectivity with nine major tier one providers: UUnet, ATT, Sprint, Verio, Cables and Wireless, BBN/Genuity, Global Crossings, QWest, and Digex. There is no Level3 in InterNAP's nine providers. Hopefully this clarifies things a little bit.

Sincerely,
-dave

Hello,

i'll correct the error.

I can never find the list when i need it... and as far as i know ... they do not provide the full 9...i thought it was 8

Which backbones does the data-center ( interNAP ) you use connect to via the interNAP connection ?

Just to confirm... and so i don't make a fool of myself again :D

Thanks,
Carl

Last edited:
Originally posted by MN-Carl
Which backbones does the data-center ( interNAP ) you use connect to via the interNAP connection ?
UUnet, ATT, Sprint, Verio, Cables and Wireless, BBN/Genuity, Global Crossings, QWest, and Digex.

Back