• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

A good free control panel

Darknight

Premium
Premium Member
NLC
http://ehcp.net Easy Hosting Control Panel.
One of the easiest and most useful iv seen so far, installing it in Ubuntu 9.04 is so easy any one could do it.
Anyone else tried this?

problem it only runs on debian also there is no billing software that works with it. I had some issues with dns and the software.

it's meant to only work on Debian that's what it was created for after all.
dns works fine.

I am trying to get my team sponsor also I am wondering how can I get a web site with a control panel .The site is just for my team with a forum so people can post is their someone that can build it for me send me a email at fonsyv@yahoo.com thanks guys

I am trying to get my team sponsor also I am wondering how can I get a web site with a control panel .The site is just for my team with a forum so people can post is their someone that can build it for me send me a email at fonsyv@yahoo.com thanks guys

i dun really understand wat u trying to say.
however, if u r asking about how to request for a free hosting account, u can start a request thread at "Free hosting requests "

It seems he is talking about the sponsor account. I suppose that is diffrent then just free web hosting account ;).

I'm looking through the ehcp code, the shell script is actually pretty solid, but the php needs some work.

Theres also some python, which seems to be pretty well done. It's just this is a bit of a mish mash, and since it appears to have a php base, it's not going to be wildly quick.

Not wanting to trash their work, it's one hell of an undertaking, and theres a lot to like

There are many good free control panels available. Unfortunately, none of them are even comparable with CPanel.. :(

That usually is the case with paid compared to free software. It's not always the case though... it depends on the category of software, for hosting panels I can think of a few free ones that are good.

There are many good free control panels available. Unfortunately, none of them are even comparable with CPanel.. :(

A few points in which cPanel lacks:

• Resource optimization; You actually have to optimize the VPS version to work with low-end VPS. With Direct Admin, you don't really need to. You can run DA on 384MB of RAM out of the box. cPanel must be optimized to run on 512MB, or if you know what your doing you can haggle it down to 384MB.
  • Security; cPanel hosts get hacked most of the time. You rarely hear of DA hosts being hacked. Now, this may be due to cPanel being the most common panel. But, if that is the case, wouldn't there be more emphasis on security?
  • Back-end features; cPanel is only nice and pretty for the common user. If you are managing the backend (not necessarily WHM), it is a bit difficult to manage your server settings. Apache building is long and tedious inside WHM.
  • 3rd Party; I don't see many 3rd party plug-ins for cPanel. I see more mods and development for DA. I find this odd considering cPanel is still one of the most common panels.
  • Price; DA still beats cPanel's price by a long shot.
Feel free to counter these points above.

Back