• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

A beginner question

vtolea

Hello,

I’m looking for a web host for my site and I would like to know a few things before I decide what to do. Many hosts offer both Shared Hosting and Dedicated Hosting and Dedicated looks like it’s a lot more expensive.

My question is:
How much traffic/month or visitors/day should my site have before I consider moving over to Dedicated Hosting? Where goes the line do you think?

Thanks in advance
:confused4

You can typically get 100,000 hits per 1 GB, and your typical dedicated, I would say, would start around 80 GB. Therefore, you would need 8,000,000+ hits in one month to actually need to go dedicated.

Personal sites, normally, do not exceed 100,000 hits in one month, and don't normally need a dedicated.

If you need anymore information or pricing, you can check out our site.

I would almost never reccomend having a dedicated for 1 site, unless you were hosting a lot of large videos/content that gets a lot of hits. Or forums with a lot of users.

If you don't know the answer to that question, I doubt you need dedicated hosting. A website has to be pretty big before a dedicated server is necessary. :)

utcrazy said:
I would almost never reccomend having a dedicated for 1 site, unless you were hosting a lot of large videos/content that gets a lot of hits. Or forums with a lot of users.

I agree.

Hughe bandwidth eater sites or heavy php/perl/c/other +DB sites should be placed on dedicated server.

or website that can use some serious resource that can't be done in shared environment require dedicated too

Back